Hello eveyone

Sparkys6887

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2013
Hi All

Just want to say hi and to start to get to know some of the members here. so I'll tell you a bit bout myself

My name is Mark. I'm married and have three children 13 year old step twins and a five year old daughter. My wife and I are hoping to adopt a fourth :)

I rode bikes as a child but by the time I was 16 years old was starting to have balance problems. My parents bought me a five speed racer for me ro use to get me to college which I loved and was so much more fun to ride that my sturmy archer 3 speed which was heavy!!! Unfortunately I used to fall off it frequently and by my 18th birthday I was confined ro a wheel-chair having been diagnosed with an Arnold Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia. I was later diagnosed with an aggressive for of Rheumatoid Arthritis :-(. Through determination abd lots and lots of re-hab I got myself out of my wheel-chair having been diagnosed with Osteoporosis of my spine which together with my neuro problems was starting to cause serious problems.

Well in 2005 I took my first steps unaided and 18 months ago when we moved to the flat part of Brighton I bought a Giant Hybrid bike. I really enjoyed riding it but could never venture off the flat as I'm just not fit enough. We are moving to a slightly hillier part of Brighton so now need an electric bike to help with the next stage of my journey :)

Well looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing your stories.

All the best

Mark