'fraid I'm not nearby, unless you've got really good binoculars! :rolleyes:

Gaz

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi, I’ve recently got a cyclotricity stealth 1000w. I live near Mablethorpe. Any other pedelecs in the area can help with alternative gearing?
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I am very new to the forum myself and i actually also have a stealth 1000w that i have owned myself for a while and made some modifications to. In what way would you want to change the gearing? I am assuming harder ratios and maybe more of a gearing range?

Ross

D

Deleted member 4366

There's several things you can do to raise the gearing, independently or combined:
7speed DNP freewheel withh 11T top gear
Fit a road bike crank with dual chain-rings and use a twig to swap to the smaller chain-ring if you run out of power.
Fit a single bigger chain-ring (cyclocross). Check that you have a 108 diameter spider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DH-Enduro-MTB-Single-Chainring-BCD-104-Cyclocross-Big-Chain-Ring-50T-52T-54T-/282386241464?var=&hash=item41bf8817b8:m:m9voVz-MZeIWJZq_P0LITdw

I have some DNP freewheels for £20 if you want one or you can get them fro Aliexpress.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hi Gaz, thanks for your message, sounds like you’ve got the ebike bug! What do you think of yours?
I love my Coniston. It's quite possibly the perfect bike for me. It's got the STEPS 6010, which I like, and has, I believe 60nm of grunt, excellent brakes and a really comfy geometry (for me). The nearest I go to off road now is over Beachy Head, which is relatively smooth grass, or a couple of forest tracks with compacted surfaces. My trouble is I have a wandering eye and can't help thinking what 90nm would feel like..... what's the E8000 like.... I wonder if I'd like an e-trike etc, when I should just be happy with what I've got!

Gaz

Lincolnshire lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I am very new to the forum myself and i actually also have a stealth 1000w that i have owned myself for a while and made some modifications to. In what way would you want to change the gearing? I am assuming harder ratios and maybe more of a gearing range?

Ross
Hi Ross, I’ve just sent you a message saying I don’t know how to get onto the message page to reply to you. Well don’t ask me how but I’ve managed to find this page!!.
Regarding the gearing, it’s very flat around here, so when I’m doing 20mph in 7th ( top gear) my legs are going round in a blur! What I want is to be able to do that speed or even more up to 30mph on the flat and it to feel nice and steady... is that possible?
What mods have you made so far.

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi Ross, I’ve just sent you a message saying I don’t know how to get onto the message page to reply to you. Well don’t ask me how but I’ve managed to find this page!!.
Regarding the gearing, it’s very flat around here, so when I’m doing 20mph in 7th ( top gear) my legs are going round in a blur! What I want is to be able to do that speed or even more up to 30mph on the flat and it to feel nice and steady... is that possible?
What mods have you made so far.
ah no worries! just seen that message now but at least you have managed to figure how to do it now :). I would imagine there are ways to do this so that you will get a bit more pedalling before topping out yes, I would definitely agree that a freewheel with a smaller set of cogs on would be a good first step and maybe a set of cranks with a bigger chain ring would help with this also, I can have a scout around and see what bits may be of use to you if you like? as I know the ratios anyway so I know which bits will help you get the result you want. As for my bike I have added some tektro hydraulic brakes which have the built in e-brake connectors on 7 inch rotors and an LCD with a remote and some extra info on the new display. I have done other bits but those two are the most notable really

Ross

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hi and welcome from someone in your area , I live just up the road at Saltfleet ,can not offer any help as only just bought mine also but welcome

Lincolnshire lad

Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
There's several things you can do to raise the gearing, independently or combined:
Fit a road bike crank with dual chain-rings and use a twig to swap to the smaller chain-ring if you run out of power.
Fit a single bigger chain-ring (cyclocross). Check that you have a 108 diameter spider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DH-Enduro-MTB-Single-Chainring-BCD-104-Cyclocross-Big-Chain-Ring-50T-52T-54T-/282386241464?var=&hash=item41bf8817b8:m:m9voVz-MZeIWJZq_P0LITdw

I have some DNP freewheels for £20 if you want one or you can get them fro Aliexpress.
Hi Thanks for your reply, what size chainwheel would I need, how many teeth? I’d only put a single one on , about the cassette, thanks for the offer, but I’ve seen some on eBay for about £12.00 Shimano
ah no worries! just seen that message now but at least you have managed to figure how to do it now :). I would imagine there are ways to do this so that you will get a bit more pedalling before topping out yes, I would definitely agree that a freewheel with a smaller set of cogs on would be a good first step and maybe a set of cranks with a bigger chain ring would help with this also, I can have a scout around and see what bits may be of use to you if you like? as I know the ratios anyway so I know which bits will help you get the result you want. As for my bike I have added some tektro hydraulic brakes which have the built in e-brake connectors on 7 inch rotors and an LCD with a remote and some extra info on the new display. I have done other bits but those two are the most notable really

Ross
Hi Ross, yes any help and info would be much appreciated,my cassette (7 speed) is 14t-28t and the chainwheel is 44t. I don’t know what the design of the chainwheel is called, but rather than fixing to the carrier with 5 bolts, it is one complete pressed unit with 5 “radial spokes “ meeting at a circular cut out and that mounts on the spindle. Would a replacement chainwheel be the same design or would it be the type that easily separates from the carrier without having to remove the crank pin? If I’m not quite using the correct terminology then please bear with me, as I’m a newbie!
Your conversions sound interesting, I did have a look on eBay for hydraulic calliper sets, but all I saw had a really long rear line that needed cutting to suit. About the LCD display unit mods you’ve done, what are the extra features? Cheers for now,Paul.

Lincolnshire lad

Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
I love my Coniston. It's quite possibly the perfect bike for me. It's got the STEPS 6010, which I like, and has, I believe 60nm of grunt, excellent brakes and a really comfy geometry (for me). The nearest I go to off road now is over Beachy Head, which is relatively smooth grass, or a couple of forest tracks with compacted surfaces. My trouble is I have a wandering eye and can't help thinking what 90nm would feel like..... what's the E8000 like.... I wonder if I'd like an e-trike etc, when I should just be happy with what I've got!

Gaz
Hi Gaz, I’ve had a look on line at the Coniston, very nice, and good quality.Yes, that’s the trouble, we are always looking for something a bit better or different!

• Dislike
Reactions: Chris.L

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi Thanks for your reply, what size chainwheel would I need, how many teeth? I’d only put a single one on , about the cassette, thanks for the offer, but I’ve seen some on eBay for about £12.00 Shimano

Hi Ross, yes any help and info would be much appreciated,my cassette (7 speed) is 14t-28t and the chainwheel is 44t. I don’t know what the design of the chainwheel is called, but rather than fixing to the carrier with 5 bolts, it is one complete pressed unit with 5 “radial spokes “ meeting at a circular cut out and that mounts on the spindle. Would a replacement chainwheel be the same design or would it be the type that easily separates from the carrier without having to remove the crank pin? If I’m not quite using the correct terminology then please bear with me, as I’m a newbie!
Your conversions sound interesting, I did have a look on eBay for hydraulic calliper sets, but all I saw had a really long rear line that needed cutting to suit. About the LCD display unit mods you’ve done, what are the extra features? Cheers for now,Paul.
I have had a look for a 7 speed freewheel with a smaller lowest cog and the best I have found so far is 13 to 28t. which is an improvement but not the best, I know there are 10sp freewheels out there that will possibly have a better lowest cog but I will have to have a look into that a little more to know for sure. as for the cranks and chain ring size I have seen that you can get a 72t ring set up to give it an even better ratio but I'm having trouble locating one so I will keep hunting and keep you posted on that, will have to see if it fits the current crank or if it would be a different one because its a bigger size. yeah the hydraulics can be a pain to get them to fit because of the rear motor hub size so I got mine based on what Cyclotricity recommended me, they said they will be selling some themselves in the near future. I can get you a picture of the new LCD if you like, the main difference on the new one is that it tells you how much motor power you are using, tells you when the brakes are cutting the motor, motor temperature and a few other things like average speed etc, the main advantage is the remote which makes it tonnes easier to change pas setting. Don't worry about terminology with things I'm pretty new to it all as well!

Ross

Lincolnshire lad

Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
I have had a look for a 7 speed freewheel with a smaller lowest cog and the best I have found so far is 13 to 28t. which is an improvement but not the best, I know there are 10sp freewheels out there that will possibly have a better lowest cog but I will have to have a look into that a little more to know for sure. as for the cranks and chain ring size I have seen that you can get a 72t ring set up to give it an even better ratio but I'm having trouble locating one so I will keep hunting and keep you posted on that, will have to see if it fits the current crank or if it would be a different one because its a bigger size. yeah the hydraulics can be a pain to get them to fit because of the rear motor hub size so I got mine based on what Cyclotricity recommended me, they said they will be selling some themselves in the near future. I can get you a picture of the new LCD if you like, the main difference on the new one is that it tells you how much motor power you are using, tells you when the brakes are cutting the motor, motor temperature and a few other things like average speed etc, the main advantage is the remote which makes it tonnes easier to change pas setting. Don't worry about terminology with things I'm pretty new to it all as well!

Ross
Hi Ross, many thanks indeed for going to the trouble to help. I appreciate your advice. I decided to ring Cyclotricity and they said the chainwheel that’s on it is a “pressed form “ one. They say that any other regular square taper fit chainset will fit. The cassette is a freewheel screw on type, hope this helps. If you like, you can email me some pics of the LCD unit to ....
psutton20@googlemail.com

Lincolnshire lad

Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hi Paul
I bought a Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 2017 model, with the Bosch drive ,really pleased with it

Regards
Chris
Hi Chris, thanks for your message, I’m sure you’re having a load of good rides on your Cube. I’ve just been looking and some of the models are reduced by over £400. Good deal!

Lincolnshire lad

Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire

Hi thanks for your message and offer of the freewheel, the other day when I replied I said I’d seen some on EBay, I’d been looking at the wrong thing.!
DOH!!! So about your item, I need a 7 speed 11t-28t Screw on Freewheel can you oblige? What removal tool will I need?

Reactions: Ross_Dr

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi Ross, many thanks indeed for going to the trouble to help. I appreciate your advice. I decided to ring Cyclotricity and they said the chainwheel that’s on it is a “pressed form “ one. They say that any other regular square taper fit chainset will fit. The cassette is a freewheel screw on type, hope this helps. If you like, you can email me some pics of the LCD unit to ....
psutton20@googlemail.com
no worries at all! always happy to help people out with whatever changes they want to make. Ah that is good they managed to give you the information you needed and definitely helps me get you towards the correct thing to buy. hopefully you have already found the freewheel from the other member but if not i think i may of found you one also. sure thing i will send them over as soon as i have some

Ross

Reactions: LeighPing

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
it tells you how much motor power you are using, tells you when the brakes are cutting the motor, motor temperature and a few other things like average speed etc, the main advantage is the remote which makes it tonnes easier to change pas setting
That sounds nice. Which one is it?

Reactions: Ross_Dr

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
That sounds nice. Which one is it?

I did not have any pictures of mine to hand so i found exactly what mine is on google images just for convenience so apologies that its not actually my LCD pictured. When i found it it was just called an LCD 3 with bullet type connector, the remote sits off to one side near the grip so you can just use it with your thumb to save faffing around trying to change it. I know Cyclotricity are looking to stock them soon but i couldnt wait and got one myself. There are two other screens to give you information as well as this one for the average speed etc. As for the freewheel removal tool i have one lying around that is perfect for a stealth if you need one, difficult to get the right one for the stealth i think as the rather long axle needs the right tool to get along it to the freewheel, looking to change my freewheel as well.

Ross

Reactions: Lincolnshire lad