Hello from a newbie

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Ah yes, the KT LCD3. If I ever do a project I imagine I'll have that, although I'm curious about the LCD5 as well. LCDs seem to be getting smaller now though. Would be nice to see if similar functionality can be sensibly squeezed into a smaller size. I quite like the idea of ambient temperature being showable as well as motor temperature. I wonder if any do that.

Reactions: Lincolnshire lad

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Ah yes, the KT LCD3. If I ever do a project I imagine I'll have that, although I'm curious about the LCD5 as well. LCDs seem to be getting smaller now though. Would be nice to see if similar functionality can be sensibly squeezed into a smaller size. I quite like the idea of ambient temperature being showable as well as motor temperature. I wonder if any do that.
Havent heard of the lcd 5 but sounds interesting! Will have to take a look and definitely would be nice to have an ambient temperature as well as motor temperature, was thinking that shortly after getting this lcd

Ross

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
lcd3 is a smaller compact screen with integrated side toggle buttons, not got one but screen details may be less then the 2 or 5 model. Also available is a portrait lcd6 model like the 2 & 5 model have the separate toggle buttons.

All can be seen here.
http://www.pswpower.com/peng/pic.asp?ModID=PicS224&TypID=S220060

Reactions: Lincolnshire lad

Lincolnshire lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire

I did not have any pictures of mine to hand so i found exactly what mine is on google images just for convenience so apologies that its not actually my LCD pictured. When i found it it was just called an LCD 3 with bullet type connector, the remote sits off to one side near the grip so you can just use it with your thumb to save faffing around trying to change it. I know Cyclotricity are looking to stock them soon but i couldnt wait and got one myself. There are two other screens to give you information as well as this one for the average speed etc. As for the freewheel removal tool i have one lying around that is perfect for a stealth if you need one, difficult to get the right one for the stealth i think as the rather long axle needs the right tool to get along it to the freewheel, looking to change my freewheel as well.

Ross
Hi Ross, thanks for your pic and info, I’ve looked online and and on YouTube, it definitely gives more info, it’s something I’ll look into when I’ve sorted the gearing, at the moment I’m taking the advice of the other member d8veh and thinking of replacing my single chainring with a triple set up, and I’ll be interested in the Freewheel removal tool if the one that’s supplied with the Freewheel I’m buying doesn’t fit. Regards, Paul.

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi Ross, thanks for your pic and info, I’ve looked online and and on YouTube, it definitely gives more info, it’s something I’ll look into when I’ve sorted the gearing, at the moment I’m taking the advice of the other member d8veh and thinking of replacing my single chainring with a triple set up, and I’ll be interested in the Freewheel removal tool if the one that’s supplied with the Freewheel I’m buying doesn’t fit. Regards, Paul.
No worries at all! hope you get sorted with what you need. let me know how it all goes and how the new gearing works out, be interested to change mine too. will keep it handy in case you do need it at the point of changing freewheel.

Ross

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi thanks for your message and offer of the freewheel, the other day when I replied I said I’d seen some on EBay, I’d been looking at the wrong thing.!
DOH!!! So about your item, I need a 7 speed 11t-28t Screw on Freewheel can you oblige? What removal tool will I need?
Mine are 11/30T. I have the tools to for £3.

Reactions: Ross_Dr

Lincolnshire lad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Mine are 11/30T. I have the tools to for £3.
Hi thanks, when you didn’t get back to me a few days ago, I thought maybe you’d sold out and not got any left, so I had to seek another supplier, wish I’d have been more patient! That’s what comes with wanting things done today instead of tomorrow! I’ll remember for the next time.

Wheel-E

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
...., at the moment I’m taking the advice of the other member d8veh and thinking of replacing my single chainring with a triple set up .....
Welcome Lincolnshire Lad.
Having tried various chainrings up to a rather silly looking 58 teeth on my 500W Stealth, honestly I'd take d8veh's other advice go with changing to the freewheel first. I'm about to do that to my mine - the plan being to make the big jump in top speed by having the 11 tooth gear on the freewheel, and fine tune by changing the single chainring.

Last edited: