Hello from another new ebike owner

Chipper

Just Joined
Jul 23, 2022
Hello all
New to ebike but not biking in general. We have 4 MTB in the household and ride locally but never ventured out far since we can't get the bikes in the car and bike racks not feasible therefore we never really ride as much nowadays. So we decided to sell the bikes and buy a folding ebike to try. Anyway we bought a secondhand 'cheap' Samebike folding bike. Really impressed so far. Hope to get something smaller for the wife soon. And share our experience here with you guys.

Reactions: lightning

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Welcome aboard.
l am a regular mountain bike rider. (13,000 miles in my last bike)

l've never looked back since buying my ebike, and after 14 months (and 4,000 miles) of ebike riding l am no less fit than l was before.

l collected an ordinary bike from my LBS and rode it home for a friend last week, and posted a second best non-ebike time from 34 past efforts on two parts of the route.

As l am almost into my 6th decade, l think that the more regular effort l put into ebike riding rather than killing myself on the climbs is better for me.

Also l get out more, particularly on the folding ebike where you don't need to "dress up" to go on a ride, just sling on a helmet and go. l've not been to Church in the car once in three months. lt's a 15 mile round trip if you go the rural route, and it's a lovely ride.

Rain doesn't stop me but we'll see how many weeks l manage in Winter.

Reactions: Chipper