Hello, from Derbyshire

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Just returned to bikes after a gap of 15 years, I used to live in Peterborough which is flat with miles of cycle ways, but gave up when I moved here as its all hills. Discovered the electric power assist bike so bought one to assist with the hills, and i am now enjoying cycling again Great, Mike.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Just returned to bikes after a gap of 15 years, I used to live in Peterborough which is flat with miles of cycle ways, but gave up when I moved here as its all hills. Discovered the electric power assist bike so bought one to assist with the hills, and i am now enjoying cycling again Great, Mike.
Hi Mike, and welcome:)
So, what bike have you got, and what sort of use are you putting it too?

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Hi Mike, and welcome:)
So, what bike have you got, and what sort of use are you putting it too?
My bike is made in Taiwan!!, bought from a local supplier in Ilkeston which I found on ebay, its a GMB L'avenir it has a 24v, 10ah, lithium battery, step thru design with carrier & basket so I can load up camera gear to follow this interest whilst getting fit. Its battery assist so you have to pedal constantly needed to get fit, currently i'm doing about an hour a day to get some fitness plus bottom hardened before going farther the bike copes fine with the never ending hills with my pedal input so its a good starter bike at a budget price I think, £400 new.
Experienced pedelec's may also know this bike as a Merida 500/510. It still seems a bit strange to me as all my previous bikes were racing bikes, atb, Mike

Reactions: peerjay56

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
I'm still generally happy with the GMB bike with one exception the chain broke on Saturday i have used it daily weather permitting. The chain appears to be the one weak point with an otherwise great bike i've had to adjust it two or three times due to stretching which causes a loose chain. Its back with the dealer know who is going to fit a new stronger chain so we will see how we get on when i get it back next week, atb Mike.:oops:

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
I'm still generally happy with the GMB bike with one exception the chain broke on Saturday i have used it daily weather permitting. The chain appears to be the one weak point with an otherwise great bike i've had to adjust it two or three times due to stretching which causes a loose chain. Its back with the dealer know who is going to fit a new stronger chain so we will see how we get on when i get it back next week, atb Mike.:oops:
Got my bike back today as promised from the dealer (Granby Motors), a new chain fitted & no charge so i am delighted great service, Mike.

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
My bike is made in Taiwan!!, bought from a local supplier in Ilkeston which I found on ebay, its a GMB L'avenir it has a 24v, 10ah, lithium battery, step thru design with carrier & basket so I can load up camera gear to follow this interest whilst getting fit. Its battery assist so you have to pedal constantly needed to get fit, currently i'm doing about an hour a day to get some fitness plus bottom hardened before going farther the bike copes fine with the never ending hills with my pedal input so its a good starter bike at a budget price I think, £400 new.
Experienced pedelec's may also know this bike as a Merida 500/510. It still seems a bit strange to me as all my previous bikes were racing bikes, atb, Mike
Had this bike for about a year now, and its still working fine, i am delighted with it, and so is my doctor i've lost 2 stone in weight plus got my blood pressure into the normal range, Mike.:)

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Well done you can't say better than that, people may like other bikes but if it suits you great.