Hello from Newbie

Toby'sDaddy

Just Joined
May 8, 2016
Tavistock
Hi there everyone,
I'm new to this forum, so hopefully I'll get things right...
I'm from Tavistock in Devon, and a year or so ago, I was given an old electric bike to fix up. It's been 'maturing' in the shed for a good while now, and though it's been handy to prop the door open with, it's getting to the point where I'm ready to start having a look at it.
It's an old 'Powabyke' (i think it might be a mk1, judging by some pictures on the'net) with a big battery pack containing 3 12v SLA batteries. I was told the batteries have had it, so upon getting the bike, I tried to charge it and they showed up dead on a multimeter. Then on the second go, the charger got wet from the roof leaking and went up in smoke, and now I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone got any info so I could try and get hold of a replacement charger, then some batteries.
At the mo, the batteries are 6 Panasonic C-R0612CH1 6v,12Ah batteries wired up to give 36v. I suspect they're probably not the original ones, but to be honest I don't know whether they are or not. I've never tinkered with an electric vehicle before, so I'm not sure what I'm doing with this, but figured it'd be a fun way to get back into a bit of cycling after not doing it for years (we've got some big hills round here!!!)

Any help would be much appreciated,

John.

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a picture of the bike, then we can help you with the batteries.