Hello from North Manchester

Yamalada

Just Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Hello from me, Pete.
I've just treated myself to a Haibike XDURO e mtb for my 50th!
The idea was to extend my riding range from 20ish miles to 30/40ish miles with assistance.
First ride out was a disappointment as l had to cut the route short due to battery running out at 16 miles. It was admittedly very cold -1/-2 but I had to work hard on conserving power to get 16 miles. Is this typical from a 300wh Bosch power pack?

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Pete,
300wh isn't very big. Range depends on so many things, weight, terrain, wind, temperature, assisst used. Haven't ridden one of these but I'm thinking 16 miles could be about right at this time of year. Hope you haven't been taken in by the manufacturers range claims? They can be a bit on the hopeful side:rolleyes:
Also bear in mind that the battery may not have reached full potential yet, I believe some need 'conditioning'. With mine I was advised to run it flat twice to achieve full charge. I know there are varying opinions about that. Worth a go though.

Reactions: JuicyBike

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Ay up Pete...new-ish here too, but hoping there's going to be more local people we can go riding with...we're South-side and go out every Saturday (and odd afternoon/eves when work permits)...same ages and same bike, well one of the bikes...I thought the Haibike battery was 400Ah? My missus gets over 50 miles on ours but she seldom gets out of Eco, whereas Dave gets max of 20 miles as he's male and just leaves it in Turbo and has to pedal home lol...the forum's great, enjoy...

Yamalada

Just Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Thanks for your replies. I should've mentioned the bike is ex demo and has been stood since last July.Do I need to do anything to awaken the battery? and has anyone any experience of the AKKU battery that claims to be Bosch compatible?

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Howdy Pete, glad to greet another northener! We are from North Bolton and had to get leccy bikes because 1) we are getting 'ould at 60 something each (well, 60 nothing for me to be precise). 2) the hills are just too bloody steep here in north Bolton and 3) we both have knackered backs and knees.

Anyway I have a Juicy Classic called 'Juicy Lucy', she's a bit of a tart but I love her! Hubby has a Vita Uno. We leisure ride and I pop to the village shops for stuff we forget at the weekly Tescos (I deliver a few babies en route if I get chance - my husband insists that Juicy Lucy is a nurses/midwife's bike:rolleyes:)

Welcome to the forum, they are a great lot on here, one of the few forums I have stuck around in fact.

Reactions: timidtom and Artstu

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for your replies. I should've mentioned the bike is ex demo and has been stood since last July.Do I need to do anything to awaken the battery? and has anyone any experience of the AKKU battery that claims to be Bosch compatible?
Range sounds about right for the 8ah battery, in the cold.

I believe Haibike haven't sold a bike for a while with the smaller battery, so yours could be several years old.

That could affect the range, batteries don't like sitting around unused for prolonged periods, and the passage of time will kill it eventually, used or not.

A few on here have non original equipment 'Bosch' batteries and they seem to work fine.