Hello from Sunderland

doublestout

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Purchased a Volt Pulse about a month ago. Rode 300 mile mainly commuting and love it. Been a cyclist for years but working long hours ect was meaning that the car was getting used every day. My commute is around 50 minutes. I don't travel any faster on my pedelec but i get into work fresh and can cycle all week without any aches.

I do have a road bike, hybrid/29er and foldong bike but the pedelec has been purchased solely as an alternative form of transport. It has raised interest at work and I joke and claim that its not a bike but a hybrid vehicle.

Reactions: jackhandy
C

Cyclezee

Hi doublestout,

Welcome to the forum.

An alternative form of transport is exactly how I describe electric bikes to cycnic that say it is cheating.

doublestout

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Well one person at work said I was cheating. I pointed out that she had used her car to travel in. More to the point though - one of my cycling friends said that the day I need an electric bike will be the day I give in. My reply was that I didn't need an electric bike but I have one and I find it useful.

Mainly though I have had some very positive comments from both the cycling and non cycling community.

Reactions: Cyclezee

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I bet her car has power steering & servo brakes. Ask her if she would swap back to non powered.