Hello from sunny Wales .....

Erisaman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2019
I’d like to introduce myself as a thrusting young entrepreneur in need of a Pedelec to whisk me from office to science lab to production facility. Sadly, I’d be lying - I’m in my mid-seventies, not quite arthritic but certainly aching from time to time - but still luvving Boyz Toyz with not a rocking chair, pipe nor slippers in sight.

I had ordered a 26” wheel LO26, but the dealer messed around with the price and dispatch date so much that I cancelled the order. Then I ‘discovered’ the 20” wheel 20LVXD30, ordered one 5 days ago and heard this morning that it’s been dispatched. Coming from Poland, it could be with me by the weekend.

Am hoping the VAT/Duty element won’t raise their head - advice would be appreciated if you’ve experienced problems.

Thanks for 'listening'.

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi and welcome, from soggy Ceredigion.
Afraid I've never heard of your bike so can't help, picture or link would be interesting.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
As Poland in in EU there shouldn't be any VAT/duty issues. (biting my tongue and not making any other related comments.)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Am hoping the VAT/Duty element won’t raise their head - advice would be appreciated if you’ve experienced problems.
Look on the invoice.
If your supplier charges you VAT, then you don't have to declare anything, goods are freely circulated within the EU.
If your supplier does not charge you VAT, you will need the import VATcertificate (form C79) to show that you've paid the import VAT. For more information, follow this link:
In practice, nobody bats an eyelid if you don't volunteer to pay.
That's why I curse the Chinese traders operating out of other EU countries, they illegally treat domestic customers as businesses to avoid charging VAT when shipping out of their country. After brexit, they won't be able to do so.

Erisaman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2019
Thank you for your Welcome and the responses re taxes.

I'm slightly South of Ceredigion - a holiday Lodge at Stepaside, with access to extensive private grounds - but my home is East of you .... near Swansea.

I'll post a pic when the bike arrives and is assembled - and when I discover how to attach pics. Early days thus far.

Brexit - if it comes to pass - is a whole new unknown.