Hello from - well, Europe. Rome at the moment.

Feanor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 23, 2013
A, A
Hi all. I'm a Briton currently living in Rome, having found myself living in various places across Europe over the past few years.

Rome not being the place to have a decent car I'm looking to get myself a decent bike instead, and a pedelec seems ideal for getting around in the summer heat without looking like a bucket of water has fallen on me. Not speaking good enough Italian to converse with the locals about this I thought I'd come here.

Anyway I'll post in the main forum shortly with my many questions. It should prove interesting as I'm looking for a fast and lightweight pedelec with a rohloff hub, and this doesn't seem to be something that's available as a premade pedelec bike.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Hi Feanor welcome to the site

I think you will be pleasantly surprised that your wishes for that spec of bike are available as a pedelec. Enough of that for another time .....

Alan

Feanor

Feb 23, 2013
A, A
Hi Alan - thanks :) I've just posted up my post (or should I call it an essay? Sorry, I tend to write too much when I get in front of a keyboard) in the "What electric bike should I buy?" forum. You've got me curious now! ;)

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Haibike EQ XDURO Rohloff ----- Bosch 250Watt motor 400wh battery , depends on your height and if you like that style of bike . But should be a very strong combination UK price? .... try the guy Martin in the previous answer , i don't think he imports/markets that particular model but if you asked him nicely he may accomodate you !!!!- no more suggestions from me now brain is kaput.

Alan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi all. I'm a Briton currently living in Rome, having found myself living in various places across Europe over the past few years.

Rome not being the place to have a decent car I'm looking to get myself a decent bike instead, and a pedelec seems ideal for getting around in the summer heat without looking like a bucket of water has fallen on me. Not speaking good enough Italian to converse with the locals about this I thought I'd come here.

Anyway I'll post in the main forum shortly with my many questions. It should prove interesting as I'm looking for a fast and lightweight pedelec with a rohloff hub, and this doesn't seem to be something that's available as a premade pedelec bike.
Whatever bike you get, make sure that you get a good lock for it, and try and choose a bike that has nothing that can be unscrewed, removed or otherwise nicked.

Feanor

Feb 23, 2013
A, A
Haibike EQ XDURO Rohloff ----- Bosch 250Watt motor 400wh battery , depends on your height and if you like that style of bike . But should be a very strong combination UK price? .... try the guy Martin in the previous answer , i don't think he imports/markets that particular model but if you asked him nicely he may accomodate you !!!!- no more suggestions from me now brain is kaput.

Alan
That's a great idea, thanks. Ideally I'd like something lighter but it does look like an excellent spec and good value. I'll certainly consider it :).

Whatever bike you get, make sure that you get a good lock for it, and try and choose a bike that has nothing that can be unscrewed, removed or otherwise nicked.
Excellent advice, thanks. A top-end lock is definitely on my shopping list. I also plan on putting solder on the the screwheads or hex heads of any removable parts once I've got the bike set up how I want it.