Hello from West Sussex

Davestrong

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2013
West Sussex
My second foray into the electric bike community. I previously owned and rode a Kalkhoff Agattu.

Now retired, I am adding evidence of my mid-life crisis by planning a solo trip down part of Eurovelo 1 from Roscoff to Northern Spain and then onwards (in part by train!) to Castellon de la Plana where my daughter lives. Leaving spring 2014. Arriving???

Might camp a bit but expect that the siren call of the Gites, Chambres d'hôtes and Hotels will be hard to resist.

Did loads of research before the NEC exhibition and had decided on a hub drive with not too much weight and enough gears to allow me to ride without power when the weather, terrain and my fitness allows. Had 3 or 4 on the short list but was so impressed by the Ansmann FT15 trek (front hub, 27 gears) that I ordered one there and await delivery later this week. Rode the FC1 4 times and the FT15 Trek once to compare with the others on trial. The FT Trek was a revelation on the track compared to the others I have tried and, coupled with the outstanding warranty for drive and battery, made the decision easy for me.

I hope to be able to update the forum as I progress towards my road trip and will welcome any advice from any members who have been on long trips. I think I will need it!

Dave