Hello, i'm a new eBiker

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
Exactly how it should be done, using normal hand signals, the indicators are used to 'be seen' and confirm your direction when you have to put both hands on the handlebars to complete the turn. Talking about mirrors... i've found most mirrors on the market are too short for these ebikes and only show your arm in them. I've had to cut mine and fit an extension piece in the middle, perfect now!
I bought one of these, it works really well:
http://www.merlincycles.com/cycle-aware-reflex-helmet-mirror-56440.html

GloveMakingMan

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2014
Bideford, North Devon
instagram.com
PLEASE take no notice of my previous comments regarding my wireless indicators. I have now found them to be totally unreliable. They are DANGEROUS! Do not use them as an alternative to hand signals. It is 'hit & miss' whether they turn on or turn off and, unless you get off and check, you will not know. The bleeper cannot be heard when you are moving. I now only use mine for the flashing back light and the hazard warning lights option. Do not use as indicators and i would be very wary of any others that are wireless.

Last edited:

GloveMakingMan

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2014
Bideford, North Devon
instagram.com
I've been reading about members problens with clunking gears. I had that problem with my Woosh Zepyhr CDN with Nexus 3 gears once the cable had stretched a little and settled in. It was easily fixed. Select second gear and check to see that pointer is dead centre between the two lines. If not, loosen lock-nut and adjust with the knurled adjuster. A small adjustment can make a lot of difference. Easy! Note - always cut the motor power by slightly sqeezing one of the brake levers before changing gear.

Last edited:

GloveMakingMan

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2014
Bideford, North Devon
instagram.com
This is how Zephyr CDN looks today, 7 months later. There is not much more i can do to it now but i am thinking of increasing the range by bolting on a bigger battery somewhere. I would have done a review but members must post 25 times before being permitted to do so, it will be a long time coming!

Reactions: trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's very easy to plug in a bigger battery into the Zephyr-CDN.
Just plug the output cable of second battery into the charger port, Batt+ to the middle tap, Batt- to the outer tap of the jack connector. The internal BMS will transfer power from the external battery to the internal one.

Reactions: GloveMakingMan

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Rain water may be a problem but then, the chances that you need to ride in pouring rain with external battery on should not be high. You don't need another charger if you get a second battery with the same DC charging socket. Whichever battery you buy, you need to make a DC lead with right angle DC jack, from memory, I think 5.5mm by 2.5mm to plug into the charging port of the Zephyr. The lead does not have to be thick, 10A rating is more than enough. My guess if you just want to double the range, then the same Zephyr battery would be the cheapest option. Otherwise, if you convert another bike then use the other bike's battery - only have to make the lead.

Reactions: GloveMakingMan

GloveMakingMan

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2014
Bideford, North Devon
instagram.com
Thanks for the info, this will be my next mod. Don't think getting another CDN battery would be ideal as it's long and in two parts. I've seen batteries in a case with straps somewhere. Thanks, i didn't realise it was going to be so simple.