Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BikeyBikeySpeedy

Just Joined
Apr 2, 2021
Croatia
Greetings all,

First of all my name is Ivan as stated in header.
I'm casual MTBer, I ride my whole life, current ride of choice is Haibike Xduro 7.0
Getting an e-bike is one of best decision in my life.
I'm from Croatia, EU.

As most of you know riding an e-bike on trails is great, but when riding on long straights 25 Km/h limit is killing the fun ( 35 would be better choice in my opinion).
Any way as i'm always trying to improve things and make them to my liking i developed and made speed chip that tricks the electronics to assist up to 50 km/h. ( as most other chips do)
No error as in magnet to the crank trick.
Main feature is that chip can be enabled or disabled on the go with headlight control. I't works for Bosch systems only. ( it would work on any other brand but connectors would need to be changed).

I'm riding with it for 2,5 years and no issues yet. I don't want to bore you with other technical details. But if you're interested ask away ^_^

I would like to ask you for your feedback would you be interested in that kind of product, I made few extra prototypes. But i don't wanna just spam the listing if there's no interest for it.
I find this more polite way of spamming the listing. :)

Thanks for your time for reading this.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got the v1 xduro and had a dongle on it since it was new in 2014 :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
but you cant ride those pissed and stoned :p
Well SW you’re wrong, I used to ride my motor bikes like that especially on a Friday night :p but that was in the early 80’s. back then a friend lost his arm and another his life, I’ve long since grown up, grown old and grown a respect for the law.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if i go to prison i will become a god. but the dwp will let you strave to death on the streets thats the law ;)

BikeyBikeySpeedy

Just Joined
Apr 2, 2021
Croatia
Yeh, but buying motorcycle is whole different story. I like bikes and pedelecs cos you go in nature to chill and relax. With motorbikes it's different story can't explain it. For commuting fine take a motorbike but for hobby and enjoyment take a bike or pedelec. As i said 35 Km/h would be fine in my opinion but 25 is a bit on the low side especially on long boring straights :)
also motorbike brings a lot more expenses to the table. I've seen YT videos of London traffic and cyclist so i would sit on a bike there rather give me a tank :) Speeding on those roads with lunatic drivers around you 40-50 Km/h is close to suicide as you still got bike brakes, bike tires, and rarely any protective gear. On a motorbike at least you are heard if can't be seen. But for more rural and less congested places why not?

Reactions: vfr400

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yeh, but buying motorcycle is whole different story. I like bikes and pedelecs cos you go in nature to chill and relax. With motorbikes it's different story can't explain it. For commuting fine take a motorbike but for hobby and enjoyment take a bike or pedelec. As i said 35 Km/h would be fine in my opinion but 25 is a bit on the low side especially on long boring straights :)
also motorbike brings a lot more expenses to the table. I've seen YT videos of London traffic and cyclist so i would sit on a bike there rather give me a tank :) Speeding on those roads with lunatic drivers around you 40-50 Km/h is close to suicide as you still got bike brakes, bike tires, and rarely any protective gear. On a motorbike at least you are heard if can't be seen. But for more rural and less congested places why not?
That's my opinion too. 35km/h is nice. Any faster becomes less enjoyable and more dangerous.