Hello people

delboy55555

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Hi everyone, have been reading around these forums for the past few weeks, finding it all really interesting.
I have a backround in electronics and also a keen interest in all things mechanical so the idea of e-bikes really appeals to me.
I've just bought a specialized rockhopper comp bike to replace my previously stolen Kona lavadome and thinking of fitting a bbs02 kit to it. Hoping to get a bike that can carry my 14-15st weight up some steep welsh hills with very little assitance and have enough range to last me about 30 miles or so. I'd like it to be able to acheive 35-40mph when pedalling downhill. And still actually be usable if the battery did run out!

Am i on the right track?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you search for "triangle battery", there's loads. The most important thing is that it fits. Your lucky that you have a proper triangle frame. Loads of people buy a new bike, then they come on here and ask about conversion. Nearly always, their bikes have substantial constraints.

Reactions: delboy55555

delboy55555

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Should my
If you search for "triangle battery", there's loads. The most important thing is that it fits. Your lucky that you have a proper triangle frame. Loads of people buy a new bike, then they come on here and ask about conversion. Nearly always, their bikes have substantial constraints.
Yes I think the frame should be suitable for a decent size battery inside the triangle. It's a 19" frame. Should my battery die or the controller or some other part, would I still be able to cycle the bike as normal? obviously I'd be hauling maybe an extra 10kg in weight but other than that?

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Can you get metal triangle battery cases which can be locked to the bike for insurance purposes ? Do you have to charge the battery while it's attached to the bike? Thanks