Hello There - Planning making my own Pedelec ????

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All

I plan on making my own Pedelec with a base hardtail or hybrid bike (can't decide) ?

I am an avid cyclist and have a road, mtb and a current commuter (Cube X Cyclocross)
but age/weather is getting better of me and i have a 400m steep hill to look forward to after a 12 hours manual shift!!!!

I have been reading up on front/rear/crank/batteries etc so got a good understanding and am mainly after speed on road (no off road)

Where do i post to get the best response guys (and girls) ?

Cheers

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
Welcome.

Budget?
Range required?
Top speed required?
Do you already have a donor bike?

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi All

I plan on making my own Pedelec with a base hardtail or hybrid bike (can't decide) ?

I am an avid cyclist and have a road, mtb and a current commuter (Cube X Cyclocross)
but age/weather is getting better of me and i have a 400m steep hill to look forward to after a 12 hours manual shift!!!!

I have been reading up on front/rear/crank/batteries etc so got a good understanding and am mainly after speed on road (no off road)

Where do i post to get the best response guys (and girls) ?

Cheers
The best place to post is in the "Electric Bikes" section. You might want to say something about your DIY skills - soldering, fabrication etc. Also, you need to be specific about how fast you want the motor to help you. There's loads of different systems, and they each have advantages and disadvantages.

A reminder that the legal limit for power is 250w and 15mph, but nobody is checking at the moment provided that your bike looks like a bike and goes like a bike.