Hello!

Mycroft

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
Hi

I am John from Brighton, UK. I have joined the forum to hopefully get some advice for a problem with my wife's Powabyke Shopper. In fact she has two of them, both bought cheap second hand and neither works properly.

Actually I'm hoping she might bite the bullet and buy a decent electric mountain bike so she can come out for off-road rides with me :)

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Hi

I am John from Brighton, UK. I have joined the forum to hopefully get some advice for a problem with my wife's Powabyke Shopper. In fact she has two of them, both bought cheap second hand and neither works properly.

Actually I'm hoping she might bite the bullet and buy a decent electric mountain bike so she can come out for off-road rides with me :)
Hi John,

What's up with them exactly? Full descriptions and also pictures of the bike will help hugely

I'm local btw and might be able to help out

But some of those old powabykes are a right bugger to repair as they used brushed motors with hard to find controllers. And some had integrated speed sensors

Cheers

Mycroft

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
Hi Spanos, thanks for your reply. I have just posted the problem in the Technical & FAQ forum. At least, this is the problem with her most recently purchased bike. I can't remember what is wrong with the older one - that will have to be a project for the future - or I might end up using one or the other for spares to get one bike running.

Cheers