Help! Help and advice with cassette choice needed.

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
Well, ordered a cassette and spacers, but had a bit of time on my hands this morning, so through the bike together for a test ride around the car park on motor alone.

Wow, I only ran up and down a few times along a 50 metre run, but got to say that off the thumb throttle only I was well impressed with the torque and acceleration.

With that here are a few pics of the bike, plus a few extras to spruce it up and make it ready for the hills and trails around here. BTW new tyres appear to be only 3.7" wide compared to the old tyres that were suppose to be 4" wide, but were 4.5 inches wide, so a big difference, but quite like the look of the width of these tyres better to be honest.IMG_20200909_122016740.jpgIMG_20200909_122008984.jpg

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
UPDATE: finally got the cassette yesterday and the bike is now complete and I have to say I'm very happy so far and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

The 48v G06 motor is excellent and the bike pulls very hard and there's plenty of torque for even the steepest hill.

Just a few notes for those with a fat bike and looking for a kit or looking for a fat bike to convert. Things I noticed when doing research on fat bikes is that they seem to have different width rear dropouts. Usually 170-180mm but can be as little as 150mm and as large as 190mm. What this means is that you will have make sure the kit is suitable for the bike you have. Mine wasn't too far out, but I did need to use a few spacers here and there to align the wheel properly and add 5mm shims to my brake disc caliper.

A lot of fat bikes, and mountain bikes for that matter seem to have a steep top tube making fitting a tube battery difficult. Mine is just about OK, but drilling the holes for the extra rivnuts was tight.

Finally, you may have to use a left pedal assist sensor if you don't have room for one on the chain side like I had to.

Apart from that the rest of the fitting was straight forward.

Can't wait to take it out on the trails (probably this Sunday).

Highly recommend this kit.

Here is an image of a cheap ebay controller box I used for hiding most of the excess cables:IMG_20200918_095348029.jpg

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A lot of fat bikes, and mountain bikes for that matter seem to have a steep top tube making fitting a tube battery difficult. Mine is just about OK, but drilling the holes for the extra rivnuts was tight.
Thomas P. had the same problem.
He designed 3 support pieces for the HL battery base.
The good thing about them is you don't need to install the rivnuts.
If anyone needs the STL files or the pieces printed (you may not need all three), let me know.

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
Hi Tony, just one question. My 26" fat bike wheel/tyre measures just a bit over 28" high, should I set the wheel size to something like 700c or keep it at 26". Will I have a more accurate speed reading either way?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think the nearest is 28".

Reactions: MikeFB