Help between Wisper 905 Torque Mk II and Oxygen S-Cross MTB ...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Interesting - I wonder why they only do it for mountain bikes? Maybe it's too wide for a road bike axle??
they fit forks with 100mm dropout.
There are a dozen sellers but essentially it's a very niche thing. The main problems are weight and lack of controls. It's great to be able to ride away after spending 5 minutes swapping the front wheel but very quickly, you come to realise that to be practical, a kit should have a pedal sensor, a mean of varying the assist level and a battery gauge.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi, I am 5ft 6ins and I have the seat post nearly at its lowest, also the handlebars are adjustable so you should be fine, is there nowhere you can go and try one for size? Steve W...

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

mischip

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2019
Hi, I am 5ft 6ins and I have the seat post nearly at its lowest, also the handlebars are adjustable so you should be fine, is there nowhere you can go and try one for size? Steve W...
Sadly not within about 40 miles. A friend has a 905se so I’ll try that though I understand they ride differently.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mischip,

Thanks for your interest in our bikes. And thanks Atmos for your helpful comments.

The SE and Torque bikes are very different apart from the frame and brakes practically everything else on the Torque is different. It produces 25% more torque, it ts fitted with a sine wave controller that all but silences the motor and we use a torque sensor rather than a cadence or speed sensor. This means you get immediate power, very useful on hills and getting off quickly at road junctions. It’s also more efficient than a cadence sensor as the power will change on demand. This gives you about 20% more range.

A note about range....

Range can vary massively from rider to rider.

Weight of rider, tyre pressures, power settings, wind resistance i.e. panniers? Terrain, road surface, weather conditions, stopping and starting... all make a huge difference.

Some ebike companies have taken ranges off their websites recently as they find it all but impossible to be accurate.

We recon that a 375Wh battery range could be as low as 10 miles and as high as 100 depending on the above factors. The key is to be aware of all of the above.

All said, we are still pleased to quote averages.

Torque Bikes

375Wh battery 20 to 50 miles
575Wh battery 30 to 70 miles
700Wh battery 40 to 90 miles

I hope this helps?

All the best, David

Reactions: mischip

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
One last query of you. I see there is only one size frame. I'm 5ft 11in. Would that fit me do you think?
I'm 6'4" and can ride my Wife's 705SE quite comfortably. It's at least eight years old now, on it's original battery and will still do 20+ miles on a charge.

A 905 Torque was no.1 on my list as a first time buyer three years ago.

Gaz

Reactions: Wisper Bikes