Help finding right component

Rach2003

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2022
Hello. My bike is a haibike suduro hardseven 4.0 from 2019 (Bosch performance line cx), which I am replacing parts for this week as I've had gears skipping which I couldn't sort with adjustments, and I felt it was time to do so after 2 years heavy use. I've got a new derailleur, chain and cassette, and sussed a new front sprocket would make sense also, mines has written on it: "Haibike components the sprocket 16t". All I can find on search is haibike "x sync" sprockets which are very expensive and I'm not sure if they will fit my bike, could someone confirm please? Also do I need a specific tool to take this off and if so what?

Many thanks

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Reactions: Rach2003

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

to remove the lock ring you will need one of these.

Rach2003

Feb 15, 2022

to remove the lock ring you will need one of these.
cheers mate, cool, ill get them! im going to take mine apart tmz and look to see if my current chain guard is separate (hopefully), as im not sure if it is and the intial ones i looked at were all in one. ive messaged haibike to suss out what gen my bosch is also as i couldnt suss it out and the removal tools differ for what gen it is

Last edited:

Rach2003

Feb 15, 2022
Just need to know the gen of motor to buy the right tool now then I'm good to go. Confirmed it's a part as a whole also will buy an official haibike one

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the motor is gen 2 and you will need the socket to remove that lock ring as it is recessed in to the sprocket so the spanner wont work.

xsync means a 11 or 12spd chain will lock on to the teeth of the sprocket so a chain guard is not needed.

DSC_0110.JPG

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hello. My bike is a haibike suduro hardseven 4.0 from 2019 (Bosch performance line cx), which I am replacing parts for this week as I've had gears skipping which I couldn't sort with adjustments, and I felt it was time to do so after 2 years heavy use. I've got a new derailleur, chain and cassette, and sussed a new front sprocket would make sense also, mines has written on it: "Haibike components the sprocket 16t". All I can find on search is haibike "x sync" sprockets which are very expensive and I'm not sure if they will fit my bike, could someone confirm please? Also do I need a specific tool to take this off and if so what?

Many thanks
A friend of mine is doing exactly what you are doing on the same bike. My Bosch 753 tool for Gen 2 motors took the guard and sprocket off but they were one piece. Replacement was £104.
Two bike shops and Soundwave told me that to replace with a standard flat sprocket was either not doable or could incur problems. One Haibike shop said that they always replace with a flat sprocket and don't bother with a chainguard.
I gave my friend an old flat sprocket to try which went on no problem with the original silver lock ring.

Rach2003

Feb 15, 2022
nice one cheers for that. i am chancing these two:

If it dont work i found this

but its probably gunna take a week or two as its not uk so might have to fork out the 100 odd quid for it on a uk site.

Tool SHOULD be the right one after several hours of opinions and research, no idea if the sprocket without the gaurd will work, but cool thing is it comes tmz and
i can send it back next day if not. ill be chuffed if this works spending less than 32 quid for the tool and part, hey lets see though. will report back.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0221_02_01.JPG

DSC_0611_01.JPG

i sold that thing a long time ago, atm i have a 20t ktm sprocket about 12 quid ;)

DSC_0123_03.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i found this looks like a copy of a haibike sprocket still not cheap but less than half the price of the haibike ones but only in 18t