Help for purchasing a hybrid bike please!

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Hi,

I am looking for the following:

• Hybrid frame (sitting high), crossbar
  • Can be used on paths, gravel etc (but not a mountain bike), reinforced narrower tires
  • Removable battery (as I will need to remove for charging), ideally located under back carrier
  • At least 30 miles of range with good assistance along the way (probably at least a 36V 10AH battery)
  • 5 levels of assistance and throttle mode
  • Disc brakes
  • Ideally, removable LCD display
  • Ideally, lighter than 23kg with battery, so that bike is usable on a reasonably flat road with a flat battery
Usage would be a mixture of paths along the river, and road, during week-ends. Reasonably flat, with a few hills. I already have a non-electric path/hybrid bike, mainly used during week-ends. However, I am looking to go further than I usually do.

I like the look of the Volt Pulse, but battery does not seem to be easy to remove, and bike is expensive.
Ideally, I am looking for a budget of £1,000.

The Batribike Granite Pro looks good too, apart from the brakes and non-removable LCD display.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
narrow tyres on gravel paths?
that would exclude front and rear hub motors.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
narrow tyres on gravel paths?
that would exclude front and rear hub motors.
Sorry, I meant narrower tires than a regular mountain bike. I would need suspensions. My current non-electric bike is a hybrid bike: sitting more up, large wheels but fairly narrow tires.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
most e-bikes are fitted with 1.75" - 2.1" wide tyres, they are easy to replace.
The removable LCD is a feature only available on Bosch bikes. Your budget of £1000 restricts you to Chinese bikes, they have LCD with plugs but not easily removable though.

Reactions: Scott clarke
C

Cyclezee

Hi Tomtomato,

The closest bike we have that meets most but not all of your requirements is Ansmann FT15 in black, full specification here http://www.cyclezee.com/ansmann-ft-15.html
The standard battery is 9Ah but it can be upgraded to 11.6Ah for £100 extra.
Please note the exceptional warranty.
3600-0015 3600-0016 - Kopie copy.jpeg

Reactions: Tomtomato

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
Hi,

I am looking for the following:

• Hybrid frame (sitting high), crossbar
  • Can be used on paths, gravel etc (but not a mountain bike), reinforced narrower tires
  • Removable battery (as I will need to remove for charging), ideally located under back carrier
  • At least 30 miles of range with good assistance along the way (probably at least a 36V 10AH battery)
  • 5 levels of assistance and throttle mode
  • Disc brakes
  • Ideally, removable LCD display
  • Ideally, lighter than 23kg with battery, so that bike is usable on a reasonably flat road with a flat battery
Usage would be a mixture of paths along the river, and road, during week-ends. Reasonably flat, with a few hills. I already have a non-electric path/hybrid bike, mainly used during week-ends. However, I am looking to go further than I usually do.

I like the look of the Volt Pulse, but battery does not seem to be easy to remove, and bike is expensive.
Ideally, I am looking for a budget of £1,000.

The Batribike Granite Pro looks good too, apart from the brakes and non-removable LCD display.

Thanks,
Tom
Hi there, I've been looking for a bike myself and recently had a go on the Batribike Granite Pro, just Sunday there in fact. It felt like a quality bike, a bit too heavy for my liking 24.64kg but a comfortable ride, a lot smoother than the new Batribike Storm which I also tried. I would have considered this bike if the battery wasn't on the back, just my preference, makes the bike feel heavier in my opinion. The brakes were fine, not sure what they'd be like in wet weather though.

http://www.easygoebikes.com/

Reactions: Tomtomato
C

Cyclezee

I have been looking for a bike. Please suggest me some
Hi Peter,

Firstly some questions for you.
What is your budget, frame size, type of motor, battery capacity, torque or speed sensor, throttle or pedelec only plus other requirements that you may have?

This will help to narrow down the make and model.

Peter33

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2015
UK
Hi Peter,

Firstly some questions for you.
What is your budget, frame size, type of motor, battery capacity, torque or speed sensor, throttle or pedelec only plus other requirements that you may have?

This will help to narrow down the make and model.
I am new to this. I just want a bike to start as a beginner. Please suggest me the bike which really suit as a beginner. I have a budget to buy a new one.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I am new to this. I just want a bike to start as a beginner. Please suggest me the bike which really suit as a beginner. I have a budget to buy a new one.
Peter33
This along with your other posts doesn't read like a serious request, I'm sure you will get more help by asking for advice in a new thread and giving more information about yourself or your uncle, whichever the bike is for.
You will need for a start to specify your weight and height, distance you wish to travel on one battery charge and how much you have to spend.
You will then get lots of advice.:)

Dave.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I started with a green & red three wheeler with pedals on the front wheel.
I never used them, just scooted along with my feet.
Hope this helps.

Peter33

Apr 15, 2015
UK
Peter33
This along with your other posts doesn't read like a serious request, I'm sure you will get more help by asking for advice in a new thread and giving more information about yourself or your uncle, whichever the bike is for.
You will need for a start to specify your weight and height, distance you wish to travel on one battery charge and how much you have to spend.
You will then get lots of advice.:)

Dave.
Thanks for the suggestion mate
sure i will start a new thread to get more information.

Davestrong

Sep 29, 2013
West Sussex
Hi Tomtomato,

The closest bike we have that meets most but not all of your requirements is Ansmann FT15 in black, full specification here http://www.cyclezee.com/ansmann-ft-15.html
The standard battery is 9Ah but it can be upgraded to 11.6Ah for £100 extra.
Please note the exceptional warranty.
View attachment 11123
I cycled to Spain from the UK this time last year on the Ansmann FT15. A fantastic bike with excellent equipment and great warranties. Battery life outstanding. My bottom gave in before the battery and I regularly cycled over 50 miles in a day. Terrific support from the company when there was a problem with the front hub drive and they got me back en-route quickly and efficiently.See www.e-rider.eu for more! The bike has performed faultlessly since then on my regular local trips and I am planning another trip later this year.

Reactions: Cyclezee