Help hooking up LiFePO4 36V-12Ah

mobetta

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 30, 2015
The battery and charger didn't come with a wiring diagram. The battery has only one connector, looks like a 3 wire computer power cord connector style IEC 60320 - http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/SADE-5TNRML/SADE-5TNRML_R1_EN.pdf?sdirect=true - top connector

The charger has a plug that looks like a car antenna push connector, but there is no respective jack in the battery housing, just the IEC60320.

Questions:

1) which is hot and which is ground on the 60320? What is the 3rd wire for?
2) How do I hook up the charger?
3) Is it safe to assume that the center pin in the charger plug is hot?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us a pic of your charger and the battery. The 60320 or kettle type lead is usually the mains connection to the charger then the charger has the small push fit round connector.

mobetta

Jun 30, 2015
Here are pix of the battery showing its only connector and the battery + charger. This came as a kit, but there is no jack in the battery case for the charger plug. I'm assuming there needs to be an intermediate connector box to hook the charger up. Any hint on how to wire this would be welcome.

Attachments

mobetta

Jun 30, 2015
I goofed. There is a connector for the battery charger hidden under the handle, which you have to swing out to reveal the charger jack. So never mind on that question. Now I need to know the pin outs on the 3 prong power jack. The Sun Battery website has no help on this.

D

Deleted member 4366

You wire only the outer two. The middle pin isn't connected. Use a meter to find out which is positive. Do not try and figure it out from markings or conventions.

mobetta

Jun 30, 2015
You wire only the outer two. The middle pin isn't connected. Use a meter to find out which is positive. Do not try and figure it out from markings or conventions.
OK, many thanks.