Help in fixing Shengyi DWG07 motor

luiskisasoul

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 13, 2022
Hello

I really hope someone can help here

My rear hub motor is getting extremely noisy and will fail soon with no doubt.
I know it is a Shengyi DWG07 motor ans supect the planetary gears to be damaged.

Does any know where to get a brand news planetary gears ?

Thanks in advance :)

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
May just need a clean and re-grease or the bearings could be failing. Bearings are quite easy to change once you identify the type and are available on eBay or Amazon. Plastic gears and clutch are also easy to change once you identify the correct one. My bike has a Shengyi motor and the clutch / gears was not the standard one usually seen on sites such as eBay. I had to go back to the OEM for it. You will more than likely need to open up the motor and identify the issue and required parts before you can order anything.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi,
Noisy hub motors can sound as though they are about to suffer a catastrophic mechanical failure when there is an electrical connection problem.
I KNOW ! You are convinced otherwise, but check the motor plug. Check it is fully home. Check for any signs of heat damage, swollen/distorted plug. Check for any discolouration of the pins.
If one phase is resistive or badly connected it causes pulse timing issues that sound really mechanical - I know, it happened to me. Sounded like my Ezee front hub motor was terminal, dreadful vibration through the handle bars. After much persuasion on here, replaced the three phase motor plug - still going some 3k miles later.
As Davell says, it could be bearings, but a motor strip down needs to be done before any hard earned is spent.
When does the noise happen?
Can you show pictures of the motor?
Can you put up a recording of the noise?

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: davell