help kt lcd4 display info 3

KenR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2020
I have installed the following kit on my Brompton last year:

Kit C SS:74 Silver motor with 16inch 349wheel Silver rim +KT T06SWF controlle+KT LCD4 display+thumb throttle+KT PAS+1-2 cable+9pins cable(100cm)

After a year of use with many folding and unfolding the display shows an info 3 error, Halls sensor error. When I work the throttle the wheel jumps forward and stops. Turning the pedals the motor seems to drive using pedal assist but I can't currently test this on the road as I am recovering from an operation.

I have swapped the throttle with one I know works and the error persists. I have visually checked the wiring. The only fault I can see is that where the wires enter the controller through a rubber gasket at the end. The wires had pulled out a little so that about 5mm of the individual inner wires were showing. I pushed the wire back in and when the error persisted I gently moved the wire a little but still got info 3.

Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. As I am not technically very skilled so advice on which parts should be replaced would also b very helpful. Thanks.

KenR

Oct 11, 2020
The display shows an info 3 error, Halls sensor error. When I work the throttle the wheel jumps forward and stops. Turning the pedals the motor seems to drive using pedal assist but I can't currently test this on the road as I am recovering from an operation.

I have swapped the throttle with one I know works and the error persists. I have visually checked the wiring. The only fault I can see is that where the wires enter the controller through a rubber gasket at the end. The wires had pulled out a little so that about 5mm of the individual inner wires were showing. I pushed the wire back in and when the error persisted I gently moved the wire a little but still got info 3.

Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. As I am not technically very skilled so advice on which parts should be replaced would also b very helpful. Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Error 03 means internal motor hall needs replacing.
If you had a seperate hall block at the controller then one could disconnect the three main halls to run without.

Options to remedy are:
1. Repair the hall/s in the motor, will need a diy Y lead temporary placed in between controller & motor wire to determine which hall/s have failed or simply replace all three.
2. Replace lcd4 with lcd8 and disable Halls via display parameter settings L.
3. Pull out the three hall pins in the julet to render them useless.
4. Replace controller with seperate Hall and phase wires and then simply don't connect the Halls.
Running Hall less means unsensored and motor will be a bit louder.

#1 is the logical and usual route to go.

Last edited:

KenR

Oct 11, 2020
Thank you, is there any chance that info 3 would show if the wiring has become damaged during folding and unfolding?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thank you, is there any chance that info 3 would show if the wiring has become damaged during folding and unfolding?
Yes if the damage occurs to the motor cable or extension to the controller.
Error 03 is only a motor Hall code, it doesn't relate to throttle or PAS as they are error 01 & 04 respectively.

If one suspects cable damage ,disconnect it between the motor and controller and then carry out a continuation test on the 5 smaller pin outs.

KenR

Oct 11, 2020
Thanks again, I will try these but it will be a while.