Help me choose please!

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
tho ktm bikes on here said no reason why they wont sell a frame so if you can get one of those and a Yamaha motor and batt it could be done.

if i have to buy a new bike all id want is the frame rear sus motor and batt.;)
Don't forget some little Willies for the valves and Power Ranger brakes

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
So hows the £10 Schwalbes on the Cube any different to the £10 Schwalbe Rapid Robs they put on the Haibike Sduro SL29 ?
My SL29 was a lot less than £2000

For £ 2000 the Cube is a low spec bike at a high price

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Same with Mini, you can purchase one from stock if you want, but most people want to spec their own car. Most parts on most bikes seem to be bought in.
It is more complicated to administer and takes a higher degree of organisation by the manufacturer and the suppliers, but based on my experience anyone offering it would pick up plenty of extra market share in addition to raising the average price of their final orders.
But I agree that it will probably never happen and that there will still be a brisk trade on eBay for the discarded bits as purchases upgrade!
.. variance costs .. colleagues of mine from Germany once told me that every vw golf was unique or at most two identical. When you factor in body colour, upholstery, wheel trim , motor type, fuel ., power, wheel size, audio system, etc etc. . However that means having a sales agent talking through options , and entering data into a database. It also means having multiple inventory, all costing money. In the case of VW the perceived value in having a unique vehicle to the German consumer was worth the extra cost. They have automated production lines with computerised inventory, and waiting lists of up to 6 months. That is the cost of variance.
The bicycle construction business might be as automated, but who is going to talk the consumer through the options... And who will pay them.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
That's good advice. Local bike shops do KTM, Kalkoff, Giant and Cube. slightly further away are dealers for Raleigh, Cityzen, Freego, Haibike etc. as regards surface country roads as well as old (unsurfaced) railway lines is what I mean. Is that clearer. Not rough terrain.
I would see the sweet spot as being at around1500 pounds plus. Don't ignore the Raleigh Motus as being a contender. At 1200kmand 6 months , my smile still exists.

Mogberi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2017
Durham
I think the cube is well specced for the money

If it was my £2k I'd get the slightly 'touring' version of your choice, this one http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-Allroad-500-2017-Electric-Bike_97468.htm

It's a shame you couldn't of used one of their £300 off easter vouchers (£2k+) last week on the Tredz site. I think they do regular discount codes
Good luck
egroover - I have checked your recommendation which looks attractive with its 'commuting' features but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere up here.

Mogberi

Apr 22, 2017
Durham
Not sure where you are but Wheelbase in Staveley were doing 15% off this week. Most popular bikes in the Cube range are on up to a month delivery, best check with dealers.
Many bikes in a price range are very similar. If you compare the Kalkhoff and Cube range you will find that the bikes in a similar price range tend to have the same forks, gear sets, brakes etc.
Ref the Kalkhoff motors, all the ones I looked at had the Bosch motor which is the same as the Cube.
Thanks - I will check that. 15% off £2k is worth having.

Al_taketheHighRoad

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2017
Glasgow
I have test ridden four ebikes in 24 hours. Giant Quick E-1+ was good but for me the pick of the bunch was the Cube Reaction hybrid 500. I think that may well be my final choice
That looks like a good choice but I was looking at the link and noticed it doesnt come with pedals, why wouldnt they supply pedals, that doesnt really make any sense.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
none will come with peddles or at best the cheapest rubbish they can stick on them.

its the same with hi end mtbs tbh.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The Giant road E+2 is on offer at £1799 or the top model +1 for £2149,great bikes that have a very stealthy look.

Cobell

May 8, 2017
I think the cube is well specced for the money

If it was my £2k I'd get the slightly 'touring' version of your choice, this one http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-Allroad-500-2017-Electric-Bike_97468.htm

It's a shame you couldn't of used one of their £300 off easter vouchers (£2k+) last week on the Tredz site. I think they do regular discount codes
Good luck
I spent months choosing an E Bike...I didn't want anything large,mega expensive and flashy. .just something to help me get around my work site..which is huge..following a stroke I had last year.. (walking around is a bit awkward now)..the first one I bought I returned to Halfords. .it wasnt suitable...so I kept looking..eventually a couple of months ago I came across the E Dragon from Evoscooters . I can't praise this bike enough. .good solid build..the independent throttle control is great to help get it going or going up a hill.(or you can cruise around on it if you wish)..and my Grandson thinks it looks "Well cool"..lol..it's given me a new lease of life and the battery lasts for ages (I also bought a spare one) I've had it about 7 weeks and I've only charged it twice!..it's also quite powerful (more so than the one I took back) so I tend to stay in modes 1&2.. mostly 1 though..that's well enough for my work site...I'm chuffed to bits with it ! (If it's listed as out of stock, if you call them they can sort one out for you..as they did with me)

Attachments

Reactions: IR772

oddsere

May 4, 2017
pontefract
Well I still cant make my mind up have looked at lots of bikes don't know if I should buy 2second hand or new

oddsere

May 4, 2017
pontefract
Im 5,11 90kl would be mostly on road not sure about buying 2nd hand as looks like you can soon spend a few quid on repairs so think I may be best buying new bike