Help needed - South Wales

Tredegar

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2013
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but anybody got any details of a shop or mobile person who can work fixing an issue on a conversation project in South Wales?

Hand issues is stopping me fixing it so need some expert help.

Thanks.

Tredegar

May 19, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Tried them 2 companies but they dont do conversions.

Any other recommendations greatfully received :)

Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i doubt you will find any bike shop willing to help you but they will but not so close or might know someone more local that can give you a hand

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Tried them 2 companies but they dont do conversions.

Thanks
Could searching social media and ebay etc. for local listings featuring converted bikes, ebike battery repair, lead you to someone who'd be willing to do the work required for a fee? This chap on Gumtree for instance, is about 20 miles away:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There don't appear to be many pedelecs.co.uk members near you:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What is the issue you are having ?

Tredegar

May 19, 2013
It should have had torque bars on, as it's a 1000w hub for use up on the mountain. Only used it in garden and back wheel come out of dropouts. Got everything back in checked the wiring etc, but getting 'motor position sensor fault" after a few seconds of power to back wheel.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It'll be easier to buy a new motor wheel. Most people wouldn't want to touch a repair like that. if they do, it's about £10 to £20 for a new cable and about two hours work, whatever rate they charge.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The motor comingout of the drop out will have twisted and shorted some of yhe wiring at the axle , as d8ve has said unless yo can do the rewiring buy a new motor.