Help needed to choose bike

Herbie

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2008
I need to buy a bike, that will become my sole transport, for a few months. I live in a hilly part of Yorkshire, so a bike that will cope with steep hills is needed. My commute is only 6 miles each way, so I don't need a vast range.
I have looked at several bikes: Alien Titan, Powacycle Salisbury, K2, Synergie Mistral, & Sunlova. All these bikes are in my price range, the cheapest beeing Sunlova (24" New Lightweight Electric Mountain Bicycle Bike SETG on eBay, also, Bikes, Cycling, Sporting Goods (end time 22-Jul-08 22:46:38 BST)) (the model shown here is 24", but I would go for 26") at £340, the most expensive beeing £500 + postage. I am 6 foot tall, 12.5 Stone.
Please help me choose the best bike for the job, from these, or any other gents bikes, for a similar price.
Thanks
Herbie.

jontee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2008
I think that if i was to upgrade from my old 36v sla i would push the boat out and go for the Trek cytronex. Trek is an excellent cycle brand with superb frames!

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
If you want to tame big hills then an agattu or pro connect would be an exellent choice. they are not cheap but you tend to get what you pay for with e-bikes

Terrytraveller

Pedelecer
May 22, 2008
Swindon
Whoops

Hi Herbie,

My advice is to purchase from a local supplier, just in case you have a problem that requires a RTB for a warranty repair. It can become costly and almost impossible to re-pack a bike sufficiently well enough to survive a couriers tender touch.

Regards Terry

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Hi Herbie,

My advice is to purchase from a local supplier, just in case you have a problem that requires a RTB for a warranty repair. It can become costly and almost impossible to re-pack a bike sufficiently well enough to survive a couriers tender touch.

Regards Terry
That´s the sensible thing to do if (great if) your local supplier has reasonable good bikes. If you add to that living in a country where these bikes are considered martian objects, you are upcreek without a paddle or uphill without a pedelec.
Poppy.