Help Please. Slow Running will not speed up.

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Hi,
I hope someone can help with my problem. I just built a tricycle into a electric one for a friend who had a stroke and when turned on it runs very slow once you turn the throttle.
I am using a front hub motor a brushed one poss powabyke, a new controller and new throttle, controller is for a brushed motor. With the front wheel off the ground the wheel hardly moves at any speed.
I have so far upgraded the wire I was using incase it was to thin tried a different throttle wired 2 front hubs direct to battery pack and they both turn fast replaced on/off switch with a battery isolator switch and switched on again and still the same . The controller is a 36v 250w 15a it is a yiyun tech yk71.
I hope someone can help and its something simple I have missed
Many thanks in advance
Fatts

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Don't know that controller, so this is just a guess, but is it going at walking pace? Many controllers have a walking pace mode, so that you can trot along side. Sometimes, they will do this when they see throttle only, and only ramp up when the pedal sensor kicks in.

As I say, just a thought.

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Battery is 36v 12ah. Sla Throttle colour coding appears ok but I will look again when get chance it could be that but I have tried another new throttle on it with same results

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Tried throttle and another also a new controller of same sort still just whirrs slowly round when turn throttle.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Fatts can you post pictures of the set up.
I have used that controller and 36volt battery on a 20 inch hub motor wheel and it does over 20 MPH:D

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Hi OldBob,
I shall give you details of how I wired it I do not have pics. The wiring code from controller was translated by a tiawanese friend for me as it was in chinese.Speed limiter black and black, brake yellow and black, throttle red+ black- blue signal, power thick red+ thick black- motor thick blue+ thick white- The wiring is all the same thickness as that what comes out the motorhub.
many thanks
Fatts