Help removing a chain cover.

albanydene

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2012
Does anyone know how to remove the bit that covers the chain at the back wheel on a Kudos Tourer Nexus 8. I need to remove this so I can tweak the Shimano Nexus gears and need to see the yellow lines. It looks like there are a couple of clips but I don't want to force them as they are only plastic.

Hopefully someone has done this before otherwise its a trip back to the shop (which may make me look stupid, as I am sure it is really simple).

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
In my case, I just rode over a bump and the cover fell off!

As I mentioned earlier, duct tape fixed that.
The clips were not too fragile and mine didn't break but it's not a great feat of engineering. When you get it off you will see where the guy in China took an angle grinder on it to make it fit.
P1010015.jpgP1010019.jpg

You can see that in one of the attached photos.

You will also see in the other that it appears that a lug has broken off. Kudos told me that this is removed also to make it fit and isn't a fault that developed later.

I'm not to bothered about the aesthetics of the inside of the chain guard. Obviously, there is a standard guard that fits lots of Chinese made bikes.

Other than this issue, the bike has performed very well and on balance, especially for the price I paid, it has been a great bike so far.

I had thought I would need to replace the original tyres after a while - but after a year they are still in good shape.

- Brian.

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
Job done. Cover off, yellow lines lined up.Saddle adjusted. Kudos Tourer rides perfectly. Looking forward to many miles off riding. No embarassing trip back to Kudo HQ but have to return as I have just noticed there is a crack in the battery case which was hidden by the pannier straps but as with anything new these things do happen.

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
Job done. Cover off, yellow lines lined up.Saddle adjusted. Kudos Tourer rides perfectly. Looking forward to many miles off riding. No embarassing trip back to Kudo HQ but have to return as I have just noticed there is a crack in the battery case which was hidden by the pannier straps but as with anything new these things do happen.
Battery changed by Kudos, no hassle. Must say their after sales is just as good as their sales. Really pleased with our Kudos bikes and the company as well.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
It's always nice to hear about good after-sales service and I'm sure members will have noted your comments about Dave Elderfield's enterprise.

Indalo

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
It's always nice to hear about good after-sales service and I'm sure members will have noted your comments about Dave Elderfield's enterprise.

Indalo
Nowadays it is so rare to find good service anywhere, these guys at Kudos Cycles deserve all the credit I can give them. I know for sure that they will be getting sales of four bikes from my recommendation.