Help To identify this controller

Macster58

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2020
Hi I’ve just been given an ID bike SYS Prod. me. P015 controller & I have no idea what the voltage & ampage it is nor do I know what the three wires are for. Obviously I know the hall wires & the phrase wires & the battery wires but it’s the other three that I have no idea what there for.
I assume these are possibly the pas sensor & maybe a throttle etc. I just don’t know what they are for & which way round the wires go?. If you could please help me identify these wires & what they are and if if possible the specification of the unit as there are no markings other than the sticker on the front so I’m at a loss thank you. Ps the guy at the bike shop did not know anytabout it either. Thank You for any help you can provide

Attachments

Macster58

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2020
I’ve opened the aluminium case & removed the controller pcb to help with identifying it. Also is it possible to ad break sensors & lights just by soldering in the wires in the correct holes? As there are plenty of spare solder points where extra wires could go. Here are some extra shots to help. Thank you

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can't view or do much with this phone so can't really comment until on the PC later.
Adding extra items to the board one can't do, there will be no software/programming.
For lights you are best to splice direct via the controller input voltage wires to via a fuse and switch.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's difficult to tell whether it's sensorless and requires a matched LCD or whether it's sensored without an LCD. Use a meter to check continuity between the red wire on the 6-way connector and the red battery wire. If you have continuity, it requires a matched LCD. If there's no continuity, it's a basic controller that's probably pretty useless.

Macster58

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2020
It's difficult to tell whether it's sensorless and requires a matched LCD or whether it's sensored without an LCD. Use a meter to check continuity between the red wire on the 6-way connector and the red battery wire. If you have continuity, it requires a matched LCD. If there's no continuity, it's a basic controller that's probably pretty useless.
Just checked the buzzer on my multimeter ie red to red & not a sound. I am new to all this electronics work but continuity is the buzzer on multimeter, yes?. So it must be a basic controller. So I’m your opinion you think it’s not worth using?. Thank you

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Just checked the buzzer on my multimeter ie red to red & not a sound. I am new to all this electronics work but continuity is the buzzer on multimeter, yes?. So it must be a basic controller. So I’m your opinion you think it’s not worth using?. Thank you
Yes that's right. It means that those wires are for the motor. the colours will match a standard motor cable. that means that you have three connectors to figure out. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a torque sensor bike. What you should do is connect a battery (36v) and measure the voltage from ground to each of the 9 wires to see what you get. Those results might give some clues.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is an in house customer spec made one, likely from one of the many 100's of far east electronics companies, doesn't look like a normal brand we see.

The three x 3 pin/wires are or could be speed sensor, throttle and PAS. Connect a throttle in turn to each wire ensuring you get the 5v/Gnd in the right order, the third wire colour matters not will be the sig. You won't do any damage, throttle will or won't work.
The odd wiring which is connected up, one simply uses a meter to check the polarity between the wires before connecting throttle up. The Black is Gnd and should have precedence over Yellow as Gnd, so Yellow or Green is the 5V.

It is much better then one many years ago that some one wanted help with, it was a no name China one ? and every wire from it used the same three colours for all wiring, even worse the colours were crazy Blue , Mauve and one other can't think what it was now.

Last edited:
Reactions: xavier