Help - What Size Innertube?

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
I do feel quite embarassed posting this extremely rudimentary question, but I just can't match up the information on the side of the tyres with information on the Wiggle website. What size innertubes do I need to buy for my Pro Connect (which has 28'' wheels fitted with 37-622 tyres) and what is the relevant code? I feel I'm living on borrowed time doing 27 miles a day without any options if I get a puncture!!

Thanks for yuour help.

Chris

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
I don't think thats a rudimentry question,
My aggatu has 28"by 1.6" tyres... hooray
But also 42 by 622 ..whatever that is (1.6 by 24.25")

The imperial measurement seems clear..but as you desperately need some backup, just go into any bike shop and buy a 26" /28" tube of cheapest type..tubes are rubber(butyl) and will stretch easy that bit..
( I would buy 2 on a trip like yours, in a hurry, it is very easy to miss the cause of the puncture, and have another...especially if it rains.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As oldosc says, they're stretchy. You can see haow much by going to this web page and noting the range of sizes covered by this one tube, 27" and 28" in a whole range of widths. In your size method it covers 27 to 47 x 622.

Schwalbe inner tube

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
Thanks guys - I still don't really understand what the all the numbers mean but will seek out this information. Meanwhile - I'll trust your innertube recommendation Flecc.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The webpage below will explain all, but it's only necessary to skim through it to get the general idea of each system:

Tyre sizing