Help with a potential new purchase of Bafang conversion kit (Carrera Vendetta 2020)

JayJ93

Just Joined
Mar 24, 2021
HI, I'm looking into getting a new Bafang Mid-Drive conversion kit for my Carrera Vendetta (2020) but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about some things when it comes to compatibility. The motors and batteries are an expensive purchase and I want to be sure I'm not going to spend a lot of money on something I'm going to end up unable to use.

The question I have is if I will have any problems with attaching the motor to the frame, as I understand it the Vendetta has flared out chainstays due to it originally having quite chunky wheels. I'm not 100% sure on the size of the bottom bracket yet as the bike is currently undergoing service but I believe it is 100mm. Assuming I buy the BBSHD kit am I likely to have issues?

Obviously this is a very specific question, if someone else has a Vendetta that they've upgraded that would put me at peace of mind, but I'm hoping someone can help since I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to figuring this stuff out.

Thanks in advance.

willcee

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2018
ulster
I'm unsure about the Vendetta but recently I did a CARRERA Kracken And had a couple of issues with its install.. had to get a machine shop to make up a spacer for the chainwheel as it was too neat to the flared out chainstays, and that was after a couple of hours smoothing a path through the bracket itself to allow passage through for the Bafang motor .. the threading was very high on the drive side right into the central area.. I had issues later when I sold it without the Bafang kit rebuilding it back to standard for a friends young fella rethreading the std cartridge bracket back in again.. but I got it sorted.. there are a few frames that pose difficulty, especially any that have the dreaded internal cabling and swelling the shell to allow hoses and full cables through.. avoid them cause neither TDZ or Bafang will insert.. the one I had issues with was a Whyte.. Suffolk 2020 model..will