Help with charger for Urban Mover UM44 (kl3688cr3 BMS)

UnclePuncher

Pedelecer
May 26, 2021
Nottingham
Hi all,

I have an Urban Mover (24v). I bought it from a neighbour without a charger. Battery still has charge and works (I've been using it with my electric chainsaw). But I need to sort out the charger.

I bought a new 24/28v ebike charger on ebay but could only find one with a 3 pin plug (mine has a 5 pin plug). So I've ordered a new 5 pin plug to fit onto the charger. Happy to solder the new one on.

My issue is I don't know which pin on my battery is positive and which is negative. On my battery (see photo below) only the two pins on the left hand side (not the lower central one) are connected to anything. Both go to the BMS but I can't tell which is positive.

BMS is a kl3688cr3 which I believe is fairly widely used. But I can't seem to find a circuit diagram. I've no reason to believe its not working but can replace if needs be (I've done this before). Photo of the BMS is nabbed from somewhere else online but I've highlighted where the charger cables go to (red highlight - lower right hand corner). There are 4 pins but they're soldered together on the other side in 2 blocks of 2.

Thanks.