Help with compatible LCD/ LED

godlygaz

Just Joined
Nov 25, 2021
Hi all,

I am new here and new to ebiking
I recently procured a ebike ‘kit’ , is probably an older model – Model number : 20161209YF LCD
I brought it second hand and am reasonably convinced that the display KT 880 which it came with is the wrong one. Namely because it is an LED and the model number of the controller clearly states LCD! :/
The control box is simple called a “DC MOTO Controller by lithium battery” 48v 1000w- so I am assuming it’s a clone or something similar.

I have 2 problems which I am hoping you all can help me with :
  • The PAS doesn’t really work, if I manually swipe the magnet ring past the sensor on the crank I can *sometimes* get the PAS to kick the motor in , but its very fussy. I think this is due to the KT880 being incompatible and maybe on the lowest/highest setting all the time??

• Secondly, The KT880 is a 5 wire LED display which matches the output from the controller however it only really seems to be able to turn on and off the bike. It always reads Battery low (indicated by a flashing red light). The 6km/h button doesn’t really do anything bar show a red light when I hold it down – this quickly disappears . and the PAS setting light does change albeit does nothing really. I have been using the bike on the ‘Throttle’ for now. The KT880 also turns off after around 10-15mins (ish), suggesting to me it isnt recieveing any data and going into sleep mode?
Can anyone recommend a compatible LCD or preferably get this LED KT880 to work?

Thanks in advance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Or post a pic of the controller box label.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like it needs a specially programmed lcd to unlock the features a bit like the cyclotricity kits, it;s for sur not a KT model. Tbh most you will need to ditch the it and buy 25/30a KT controller and an lcd3.

That controller if it worked with another lcd would only work in 250w/15a mode, the cyclotricity kits are the same though use KT stuff but it is customer programmed so their lcd has an extra P6 mode for enacting the 1000w mode. Std KT lcd don't enact the mode so one has to pay the money they ask for if the display is damaged.