Help with hubbies bike

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
no power to motor, battery charged all lights showing full, when I twist the throttle the little red light on the controller flashes instead of being on all the time, any ideas, I've checked all connections, motor tries to start a little, its a kit from cyclezee, thanks forgot to say worked fine last time out a couple of weeks ago and always kept inside with battery removed

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cyclezee often appears on here so he will give a definitive answer, you could try a PM.
My first port of call would be to look at the brake levers as they have cut off switch for the motor, check to see that they aren't actuating the switch. Try unplugging them and see if the motor turns.
Secondly the twist grip may be at fault.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
thanks I think he's going to have to go over it again as I suddenly thought that we carried it on the old style towbar hanging carrier yesterday as we now have my trike to take and maybe one of the cables got caught or pulled. That's the only thing that's happened since the last ride, we used to use a 2 bike sit on carrier.

C

Cyclezee

Hi,

The number of flashes on the controller indicates where the fault lies, please see the list below.

2. Brake lever cut off in contact check brake lever spring, brake levers should
return to position (applicable with electric cut-off levers)

3. Brake lever cut off in contact check wiring connection, inspect for damage to the battery level gauge

4. Throttle not in position check if throttle spring is faulty

5. Throttle failure check throttle connections or replace

6. low voltage recharge battery or loose battery cable connection

7. excessively high voltage measure battery voltage, contact your eZee dealer

8. sensor fault contact your eZee dealer

9. motor incompatibility contact your eZee dealer

10. overheat, thermostat activated allow to cool, reboot system

11. thermostat failure replace controller

12. amps control / controller failure replace controller

No light Power failure check battery, power cables or replace controller

I hope that is helpful.

Reactions: VictoryV