Help with problem

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is this a self build or oem bike ?

Likely cause is incorrect set up/positioning of washers/anti rotation washers on the axle drop out.

If a diy build then one would suspect the wheel needs dishing by adjusting the spoke tension to centralise the rim/tyre.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I bought a bike like that - the dropout on one side was sitting on a quick release skewer spring :rolleyes: adjusted, wheel sat straight.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Unless the wheel was badly trued/dished in the factory, one would think it is user error if the wheel has been removed.

dhav

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2021
the drop out are part of the frame
not sure what you mean by user error i did remove the wheel but i did not do any thing to the wheel

if i move the right side up from it drop out it will become straight

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
the drop out are part of the frame
not sure what you mean by user error i did remove the wheel but i did not do any thing to the wheel

if i move the right side up from it drop out it will become straight
One suspects the wheel hasn't been fitted back in properly again then.

dhav

May 3, 2021
OK will have a go again not had a bike for over 10 years I fort you just put the wheel in the drop out till it stops then tight up

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Also, make sure you release the front caliper, this may be binding/preventing the wheel from dropping into the forks properly. Then reset it.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
On the only Fiido M1 I've seen, the skewer lever is supposed to sit on the opposite side to the brake disc, not reversed as you have it with the lever on the disc rotor side. It's hard to tell from your photos, but my guess is the fork has a detent or deeper rebate on one side or the other to seat the skewer lever/lock washer properly.

dhav

May 3, 2021
OK will have a go again not had a bike for over 15 years I fort you just put the wheel in the drop out till it stops then tight up
I have tired it one side is sitting in the drop out till it stops and one side is sitting little up from the end of the drop out

Attachments

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
OK will have a go again not had a bike for over 15 years I fort you just put the wheel in the drop out till it stops then tight up
I have tired it one side is sitting in the drop out till it stops and one side is sitting little up from the end of the drop out
Without bashing it with a hammer or using any tools - can you push it into place?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'd measure the diameter of the axle and the inner width of the dropout, using a micrometer. Then try and force it into place by hand, unless the axle was too wide for the dropout.

dhav

May 3, 2021
Hi its goee in place no problem but when it goes down the wheel is rubbing as above photo

There only a gap to make the wheel sit straight

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi its goee in place no problem but when it goes down the wheel is rubbing as above photo

There only a gap to make the wheel sit straight
It's hard to tell from the photos, but the wheel does look like it might be dished (as nealh speculated) - spokes holding the rim further to one side than the other.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I suspect the unsprung fork leg is stuck/rusted in the stantion, try pulling on them or fitting the wheel and bouncing on the front end.

dhav

May 3, 2021
I fort it was the fork cos one side is lower then the other by 1cm but guy at halfords
Said that 1cm would make no difference

• :D
Reactions: wheeliepete

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I fort it was the fork cos one side is lower then the other by 1cm but guy at halfords
Said that 1cm would make no difference
I wouldn't bother with their advice , the guy is a fool.
Of course it matters if one side is 1cm lower, axles need to sit level in the horizontal plain.