HELP

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
Well it seems I have bought/paid for something that doesn't exhist, my £950 trike from ebay seems to have vanished, ebay have opened a case and I'll get my money back if the bike doesn't turn up but that stills leaves me without what I want. I need a trike but would prefer something other than the normal OAP/disabled ones for sale, does anyone know of a company/shop/private person that could make a bike, something like a hybrid ( I'll buy it) into a trike in the midlands I'll worry about the electrics afterwards. Being new to the area I don't even know where to ask, I did find one hybrid trike that Mission sells but its to big for me only going down to a 30inch leg and I'm 27-28 it look nice and has 21 gears but I can't find anything else ready made, please can anyone help or suggest where I can get the work done or even if you can buy a 'kit' that the average person, my hubby, could do.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Kalkhoff used to make an electric tricycle. It might be worth calling 50 Cycles to see if they still produce them.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
thanks but have tried that, neither number is working for either uk or aus site and no reply to emails, one bit of good news though due to me opening a case on ebay the seller has been in touch and now says the bike is on its way, he has until 7th oct otherwise I get my money back. There's no need to be rude I do read the replies but when you've saved to buy something the idea of loosing the money isn't very nice to say the least and when you don't have much money it seems very hard to get beyond those that do have. I won't bother asking on here again as you obviously think me a stupid female trying to get answers in a male world, thanks to those that have replied to my 'silly' female questions but many replies have been either out of my price range or to technical, I do have a husband but unfortunately he can't write very well and doesn't like to post because he might also be thought of as silly, I only have a p/time job so anything has to be done with pennies or saved for. This is a good forum/site but there always seems to be some who don't have the patience to answer those who don't know maybe those should refrain from answering at all.

Last edited:

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Saw a lovely trike at the Freego display at the NEC Cycle Show on Sunday. It was £999. I do not know if they are available yet but would not hurt to inquire. They have a great warranty and reputation and many dealers across the UK.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
<michae_jun2809tdt@members.ebay.com.au> Email him direct and tell him you have posted on here where everyone can see.
A new member on ebay, one item, zero feedback, errors in description, no other stock ,expensive item .Smell a rat? Could be OK, easy enough to check out before buying. Let us know how it goes . I'm not rude, just realistic, experience teaches fools to be wise. That male world comment is hogshit and you know it. Now drop the poor wee lassie stuff get on the case and keep shouting until you get it sorted.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
She doesn’t need to shout. EBay will do what it does and she will get her money back if she follows the arcane procedures and doesn’t allow it to time out. So far she appears to have done the right things in her claim.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
The poster did have other stock for sale when my item was on there, the advert says ' have been selling for years on ebay' and yes I know he had no feedback but then doesn't everyone when they first start and deserve a chance to get going, I assumed he was selling as an outlet for the main company or had managed to buy some stock from them at a reduced price, not an impossible idea?. Anyway I will get my money back if the bike doesn't turn up and they have until 7th to get it to me, the DHL number given seems to be ok at least showing on the records as having been collected this morning. The guy was replying to my emails before I bought the bike answering my questions so I never thought to try the phone number as it didn't seem needed as to the cost well I can't find another new electric trike with 6 gears for that price they all seem to cost more and I don't want a secondhand only to have to buy a new battery. Most of the 2nd hand ones have stood for years so couldn't be tested before getting another battery at least with a new one I assume the battery is also new and would get some sort of warranty.