Here're some interesting new e-bikes and features from Fiido...

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It's not that Fiido are about to launch a full line-up of full-sized non-folding e-bikes (they've hitherto only really been known for making small-wheeled folding e-bikes), but it's the features they're adding that intrigue me:

Alongside a couple of contemporary road-going hybrids there's a full-sus mid-motor MTB and a 12.6kg super-lightweight belt-driven carbon e-bike... and even a kids e-bike (with a novel parental control app). Interesting to me is the keyless locking of both bike and battery (it appears similar to a cars keyless entry system). There's some nice design here, with integrated stem displays, apps, and beautiful smooth-welded (or maybe they're cast?) frames... a marked step-up from the budget-end of the market Fiido have thus far become known to occupy.

Here's their teaser page: Launching Soon (fiido.com)

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Some good looking and interesting concepts there. I see though they're following the style trend.

Last edited:

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
The child's ebike - given that 14 yrs old is the lower age limit for pedelecs (EPACs), will it only be suitable for riding on private land?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The child's ebike - given that 14 yrs old is the lower age limit for pedelecs (EPACs), will it only be suitable for riding on private land?
I'd guess so. It looks like it'd suit a 5-year old, a motorised balance bike (it has no pedals).

There're more pictures and information about some of these new models on Fiido's index page, but so far the promotional email they sent me and their website is sadly absent of technical info (battery sizes, motor torques, brakes, gearing ratios etc) or even a release date. The bike-linked app with GPS looks promising though.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think you are correct it will only be legal for riding on private land. That's not because of the 14 year old limit for pedelecs though, but because it isn't a pedalec as it has no pedals. It would be illegal (as well as probably very uncomfortable) for 14 year olds an over.