HI ALL RICHARD FROM ESSEX HERE! charger needed!

mr harris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 22, 2016
ROCHFORD ESSEX
Hi all ive just joined the site today ,i am looking for a charger for a kalkhoff pro connect ,i was given this bike as payment for a job i done for someone but have not been able to use it atall as ive never got a charger with it, i believe its the 18ah pannasonic battery
if any one knows of anyone selling any please let me know- or does anyone know if there is a cheaper version avalible on the market?
any help is much appreciated :)download.jpg

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Best ask the 'someone' you got the bike off - as it's pretty much useless as you've discovered without a charger it seems odd that they didn't include it in the first place.

Also ask for any paperwork that came with the bike as could be handy if you need any warranty work done.

If 'someone' can't help with the charger / paperwork then your best bet it to contact these folk:

https://www.essex.police.uk/contact_us/my_police_station.aspx?area=Rochford

Last edited:

Cooper

Dec 17, 2015
Rye, East Sussex
Don't delay too long. It's not good for the battery to go flat and stay flat, assuming the battery is still okay.

I'm with Wicky, I'd be pretty nervous about a bike of unknown provenance that came incomplete. Don't know if it's true, but my dealer said they won't sell batteries and chargers to an unfamiliar client without checking the frame number with the police. Awk-werd.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
You should check - there's an awful lot of bike theft and every scally caught is good news. Here's one site where you can quickly find out if your frame number has been recorded as stolen....
https://checkthatbike.co.uk/

Reactions: Cooper

mr harris

Jan 22, 2016
ROCHFORD ESSEX
Best ask the 'someone' you got the bike off - as it's pretty much useless as you've discovered without a charger it seems odd that they didn't include it in the first place.

Also ask for any paperwork that came with the bike as could be handy if you need any warranty work done.

If 'someone' can't help with the charger / paperwork then your best bet it to contact these folk:

https://www.essex.police.uk/contact_us/my_police_station.aspx?area=Rochford
hi thanks for your input ,the bike is 100% not stolen I did a clearance for someone who had a death in the family , I did go back with a picture of the charger and asked if it was still around ,and they thought they had thrown it in the trash as she didn't know what it was , I didn't want to be cheeky and ask for paper work keys ect as I didn't know the full story behind the clearance.....plus if they chucked the charger they probley throw the paper work and key

mr harris

Jan 22, 2016
ROCHFORD ESSEX
Don't delay too long. It's not good for the battery to go flat and stay flat, assuming the battery is still okay.

I'm with Wicky, I'd be pretty nervous about a bike of unknown provenance that came incomplete. Don't know if it's true, but my dealer said they won't sell batteries and chargers to an unfamiliar client without checking the frame number with the police. Awk-werd.
ah thanks for that info, I better get one quick the battery died today it has been on one bar since I got it then tried it out today after fixing puncher I felt the power for a couple of seconds now its completely flat

mr harris

Jan 22, 2016
ROCHFORD ESSEX
You should check - there's an awful lot of bike theft and every scally caught is good news. Here's one site where you can quickly find out if your frame number has been recorded as stolen....
https://checkthatbike.co.uk/
hi thanks for your input ,the bike is 100% not stolen I did a clearance for someone who had a death in the family , I did go back with a picture of the charger and asked if it was still around ,and they thought they had thrown it in the trash as she didn't know what it was , I didn't want to be cheeky and ask for paper work keys ect as I didn't know the full story behind the clearance.....plus if they chucked the charger they probley throw the paper work and key