Hi all...

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
Fast car and superbike fanatic here but now years of training etc has taken it's toll, I still train to keep as much strength and stability as possible but I've had to give in and get about with a walking stick now, never mind, it's not as if that will stop me!

Now because I can't do any cardio work I started looking at mountain bikes, as luck would have it a good friend gave me a Saracen Mantra One that needed a bit of work.

A good friend and former bike courier/competitive cyclist has now got the bike absolutley singing!

E bikes are definately something I'm interested in but there is so much info and models out there and being new to all this I am somewhat overwhelmed to say the least.

I want to keep the miles down on my car and save money so I'm keen to get started, used the bike a fair bit on the flat but it wasn't until Steve looked at it i/we realised it needed a fairly extensive overhaul. New cables, BB bearing (which was like a coffee grinder, brakes adjusted and pads replaced, everything removed cleaned and regeased, gear selection set up blah blah blah.

It should be ready this week all going well.

So far I am keen on the Oxydrive kit, any input and advice welcomed.

Looking forward to learning more and challenging myself with a new pastime.

Chris.

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
You can't really go too wrong with the Oxydrive kit, I've fitted two of the CST HT kits to a full suspension and hard tail (for the missus).
Plenty of power for "normal" riding along with the ability to get a bit naughty with the settings via the LCD display. The new version of the LCD display is a huge improvement over the old and fitting is a breeze.
Throttle too if you feel a bit lazy

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
Unfortunately I'm now officially gutted:(

They are out of stock for kits to fit 26" wheels.