Hi, coming back to Wales for another holiday

robtom

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2018
Perth
When I get there I am going to buy an e bike instead of hiring a car. As I come home for at least three months at a time the bike should pay for itself quickly.
I am looking at a Bosch crank drive but not happy with the 25kmh. A video on u tube shows the speed sensor being moved and taped to a location by the side of the pedal and then a magnet being put on the pedal shaft. This fools the sensor allow the bike to get to max speed of 50kmh.
My question, can the same result be achieved by adding and extra magnet to the spokes opposit to the original magnet?
If not, the next option will be one of those dongle thingies but they are expensive.
Any hints welcome.
By the way, will be buying an e bike here in Perth. There is a business which will e your own bike with no restrictions and with a throttle. Boggling.
Cheers, Gordon

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
I know it was just a final quip, but "no restrictions" is not as fast as it sounds. The resistance to movement goes up dramatically with speed so it will be limited by the power available. The air resistance at 20 mph is 4 times that at 10mph, at 30 mph it would be 9 times. At 40mph it is 16 times. Almost all the power is used to push air aside.

Even if you can produce the power to go fast, to get any useful range you won't be going that fast!

Throttle sounds good, but if you want to get some exercise, my experience is that this is very difficult with a throttle, much better to have a pedelec which provides power to multiply your own power so you have to put in some effort to get some out, otherwise its just a motorbike.

Covkid

Feb 14, 2018
Coventry
I'm new here and haven't even bought my bike yet but would anyone know if Volt's Spin Tech motor on their Pulse can be unrestricted please?

Covkid

Feb 14, 2018
Coventry
I'm new here and haven't even bought my bike yet but would anyone know if Volt's Spin Tech motor on their Pulse can be unrestricted please?
I'm trying to play catch up here and realise this was stupid question. Apologies to the OP for killing the thread also. I promise to do better next time.