Hi Everybody.

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
Names Ray, i'm 67 and after my experience today i think i should convert my self built bike into a E-Bike. To explain, I bought a frame from e-bay and have spent the last few weeks making it into a 24 speed bike, I have plates and things holding my pelvis together from an accident 25 yrs ago and as a result i cant lift my leg high enough to get it over a crossbar so i bought a ladies frame, well pleased with the project, if i say so myself it looks very professional.Anyway i took it out today for its first proper trial run and on the return journey came to a hill, well i got half way up and realized i wasn't going to make it so i pulled over to the kerb, came to a stop and as i tried to dismount my legs turned to jelly and i just collapsed in a heap on the pavement with my bike on top of me. Apart from a few grazes and after a short rest i was ok. I know i'm not as fit as i should be but that little mishap made me realize that what i needed was to convert my pride and joy into an e-bike so here i am.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
If you can build a bike you'll have no problem converting one.

Deciding on the conversion kit though, that the challenge.

I suggest you start a new thread, with a pic of your bike and some more info (weight, fitness, range, terrain and budget) where everyone can chip in with suggestions.

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing