Hi everyone, herts newby

Fatman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 13, 2021
Not bought a bike yet but been looking at a few online. Was diagnosed with diabetes last week so thought a bike might be a good idea

Reactions: pentiumofborg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you can depending on the bike you will find a 48v bike much more exciting then a 36v but end of the day they all work and give you the ebike smile.

D

Deleted member 33385

I was pre-diabetic before I lost over two stones in weight - exercise increases insulin sensitivity, especially sustained aerobic exercise such as cycling. Makes no difference if it's electric or not, because you'll soon get stronger and progress to needing lower levels of electrical assistance. Some pedalling is better than no pedalling!

Reactions: Fatman

Fatman

Mar 13, 2021
Thanks for the replies, looking at getting a 2nd hand bike. Carrera Subway e is what I'm looking at at the moment. The reviews I've seen look quite good for the money

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for the replies, looking at getting a 2nd hand bike. Carrera Subway e is what I'm looking at at the moment. The reviews I've seen look quite good for the money
They're great bikes when they work. Unfortunately some don't work for very long, and all will give problems sooner or later. If you're looking at a used bike, one wouldn't be in my top 10.

For used, I'd recommend looking at standard Chinese bikes, especially if you're good at fixing things, otherwise anything with the Bosch Active line motor, though you can expect big bills when the battery and motor finally give up.

Fatman

Mar 13, 2021
They're great bikes when they work. Unfortunately some don't work for very long, and all will give problems sooner or later. If you're looking at a used bike, one wouldn't be in my top 10.

For used, I'd recommend looking at standard Chinese bikes, especially if you're good at fixing things, otherwise anything with the Bosch Active line motor, though you can expect big bills when the battery and motor finally give up.
Don't suppose you have any links at all bud? I don't really know what I'm looking at

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
This would absolutely wipe my budget clean out but is this any good?
It only puts out a lowly 30Nm of torque, and I would guess that in the early days at least, you would probably benefit from a bit more assistance. Have you had a look at bikes from Woosh, and Wisper? As manufacturers and retailers they both have clinics on this forum, and also pitch in from time time to help with advice for owners. Excellent standards of customer service. Woosh sell direct from Southend, while Wisper use local bike shops throughout the country. I have a Wisper and have been well pleased with the bike and the service from Wisper.