Hi from a new KTM Macina owner!

MEDDLER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

I purchased a shiny new KTM Macina for my daily commute after the girlfriend got a new job meaning she required the car every day leaving me transportless. The bike has made the 20 mile round trip a lot of fun and made the steep hills manageable whilst also taking 15 minutes off my normal bike times.

Unfortunately however the bike has developed the now famous "clicking drive" issue so I am having to return it to have the drive greased under warranty.

I am based in the North East and I was wondering if any of you knew any shops/workshops up here who deal with bosch powered bikes for the future? It's a bit of a pain having to keep the box and get the bike couriered to where it was bought from. Indeed, it may be cheaper to pay for the repair than having to send the bike to have it done under warranty!

Finally, thank you to all the posters, who allowed me to do a lot of research before choosing this particular model. It suits me fine and I look forward to many happy miles ahead, (once its fixed).

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
We would do this free of charge if you had bought the bike from us including courier collection. However I would have thought there would have been some local dealers who might help you out. Note the noise is annoying but does not do damage to the bike. Happy e bike riding.

David

MEDDLER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2013
Hi David,

Thanks for that. I had read a lot of posts that you had contributed on so I knew I was doing no damage thank goodness. It is annoying though!

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
It would be a good idea for dealers selling these models to include greasing or checking as part of a PDI, so that he/she is happy from day one.

Last edited:

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Further to my previous post, I think the dealers should contact BOSCH and insist that the problem is rectified at source.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
trust me.. a consumer trying to contact Bosch pedelec division is nigh on impossible.... To get a reply as well.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
trust me.. a consumer trying to contact Bosch pedelec division is nigh on impossible.... To get a reply as well.
But I bet your call is important to them!