Hi from Biddulph in Staffordshire Moorlands

FJSebiker

Just Joined
Been back to cycling since about 2006 and used various bikes ‘Dawes Horizon, Giant FCR2 Btwin Triban3 but with advancing years thought that an E bike would be a worthwhile project.

I am about a mile from cycle route 55 in the Biddulph Valley so trips North to Congleton and South to Stoke are easy on standard bikes using on the old rail track. Traversing east however is the rise to Biddulph Moor and to the west is the climb to Mow Cop. This area is general hilly and Stoke is a sponsored Cycling City but it is short of what I consider typical town cyclists as the hills seem to be putting people off from cycling. For this reason when I am out riding my E-bike.
I do explain the advantages of E-bikes on hills as an introduction to biking in general to many people

My E-bike is a cheap Alu. frame Reebok Viaggo town bike from JJB sports (since closed) I fitted an 8-fun 700c front wheel conversion kit. I found the kit straightforward to fit as I am a competent self taught cycle mechanic. The most difficult job is to remove the bottom bracket which is a cup and cone type on the Reebok to fit the pedelec sensor bracket.

The only minus point with the 8-fun kit is the poor quality of the supplied rim so a winter project is for me to rebuild the wheel with a Mavic A719 rim and fit ‘Sapim Strong’ 13/14g single butted spokes with 13g spoke washers.

So that’s my setup, here are some pics.P1030300.jpgP1030298.jpg