Hi from Bucks

roadstar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,
I'm a keen cyclist and like to use my bike rather than the car. Trouble is my job is very physical so near the end of the week I'm that tired I normally cave in and get the car out.

I bought an electric bike on a whim to make things easy for me and to see if an electric bike was worth having.
My bike's a cheap Electroped Road Star (very old I think). It's built like a tank and heavy.

It's not what I was expecting - but in a good way.

It get's a top speed of 25 Kmh (the motor seems to cut out if I go any faster - has it a limiter?). I tried to see what range it has and yesterday I rode 9 miles and it still had loads of battery life and the volt meter had only dropped a little!

I love hills becuase if you help the motor out by pedalling there's no effort.

If anybody has any info about my bike that would be great. The head light bulb has blown (9mm base), I tried car lamps but they blow so wondered if anyone knew what bulb it takes. Also the electric horn is missing so need some info on getting this re-instated.

Charging I'm also unsure about. The charger light should go green when it's fully charged. The battery pack gets hot after around 6 hours so I switch it off - the charger light is still red so should I let it continue to charge? - don't want to ruin my batteries

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Welcome roadstar,

You wont be mislead being on here. I do not like idea of things getting hot and overheating, (safety is my thing). Depending on you circumstances, It may work out cheaper in buying a brand new or a good second hand bike (checkout the dealers on here).

Roadstar , I maybe totally wrong here, because you may want to stick with your own chosen bike.
Please check out the situation with the charger though.

MS.