Hi from E. Sussex Just bought AVE xh3 my first e bike. First imressions below

sultan1

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2013
After loads of research and test rides decided to buy AVE xh3 from Cycling Made Easy in Coulsdon nr Croydon. This involved a 3 hour round trip but the service and help I received from Ray and his team swung the deal. Being a total newbie to electric bikes, though having ridden for years I was a bit unsure of what to expect. I had tried various models including whisper906, Kudos, BH neo, Scott, Freego etc. The advice from this website was invaluable.
I decided to buy the AVE after trying 3 models,the XH3, XH5 and a step through. They were all very well put together and all had the Bosch system. I had earlier decided that this was the system for me, it just seemed much more natural than a hub system. Anyway, I ordered the bike, as I wanted the large size I was quoted 3-5 days delivery to shop. Two days later I received a call from Ray that bike had arrived,PDI was completed and I could pick it up when I was ready. I drove straight up to Croydon and after completing paperwork tried it out. Everything fine bike in car and drive back to Hastings. Jumped straight on, went out for an hour and wondered why I had waited so long to change to electric.
Absolutely amazing,on or offroad with its Racing Ralph tyres and 9sp Deore casette, hills were no longer an issue.
Four days in and I have been out everyday for at least an hour.
Battery capacity is fine. I cycled for 2 hours today. readout was showing 40k of charge on touring mode and I finally ran out 1k from home.
Only bad point is readout of HMI is in KMH and not MPH. The shop have spoken to AVE who will have a fix soon, though if anyone on here has any knowledge of how to change it i would welcome advice.
I will put some further thoughts on soon.