Hi from hillly Dorset

astroeyes

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Just bought my wife a Batribike Granite, which seems a pretty solid machine with a good dealer backup here in Weymouth. It can manage all the hills she's tried on so far, so hopefully it will prove a good buy.
MY question concerns the battery (of course). Given we will be lucky to get 500 to a 1000 charges, is it better to run the battery almost to exhaustion before charging or to charge after every outing, even if it's only 10 miles or so? I don't like to feel I'm wasting a precious charge if it'safe to run the battery pretty low and make the most of each charge.
Many thanks for any advice,
David.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi David I think it is better to keep the battery topped up, if you go for even a short ride its worth putting it on the charger.
Most chargers today are good at looking after your battery, its when you leave them without a charge you pay the price.

Bob

D

Deleted member 4366

You get more power when it's fully charged because it has a higher voltage. It starts at 42v, and runs down to 31v, so a massive difference. Also, you get more problems when you run it flat, so avoid it if you can, but don't panic about it.

astroeyes

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep charging after each trip then. I'll also let you know how the bike keeps going over the next few weeks.
All best,
David.