Hi from Llandudno

Llandudno Wisperer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
I'm new to this forum but known on Cyprus forums as Anarita John. Yes, we have a place there and spend around half of the year there.
Not new to ebikes. Have had a euro powerbyke for twelve years, but recently the battery has started to die. Have sent off for new ones and will have to wait and see if they restore the bike to its former glory. When it was new I could overtake racing bikes on the incline from the prom to our house.
I have just bought a wisper 705se from our local dealers, Westend Cycles. Originally I had bought a foldup bike from them, but it had a fault and had to go back to the manufacturers. All this was happening in a five week period when we were in Cyprus, so when I returned I suggested to Westend Cycles that a full size bike would be better for me, as it was more stable. My wife wants to start cycling again so a full size new bike, and my hopefully rejuvinated powerbyke for me to ride seems to be the answer. Then, if she takes to cycling, we can think about an ebike for her.
Very pleased with my Wisper. Have cycled from Penrhyn Bay to Llandullas and back and not used hardly any battery. Had battery on first bar for assistance. Have totalled forty miles on it and it only took an hour to charge.
However, I have managed to fall off. No damage to the bike but a grazed knee and bruises on my chest. Everyone who rides a bike round here seems to have done the same thing as me. Going from the road, to the cycle track over a small kerb and metal grating in the road, and the front wheel just slid away, Our daughter Rachel has done exactly the same thing as have both our neighbours.20170705_180931.jpg

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks for the fantastic image Llandudno Whisperer! I am delighted you are enjoying your bike. Sorry to read about your accident, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for investing in one of my bikes, we really appreciate the business!

All the best, David

Llandudno Wisperer

Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
Have done my first 100 miles on my Wisper plus another 100 on my old Euro Powerbyke, which, after fitting a new battery, is performing as new.
My accident actually caused more damage to my bike as first thought. A small crack on the battery case plus a loose battery case screw which would not go back. All sorted thanks to Westend Cycles and Wisper. Excellent customer service.20170715_165843.jpg
Have now done Cycle Route 5 from Rhyl to Aber Falls. Did the section from our house to Aber last weekend, through Llandudno Junction, Conwy and alongside the A55, with cycle bypasses around the tunnels, then through to Llanfairfechan. Photo below is one of the paths that bypass a tunnel. 20170715_184428.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm going to have a go at that ride soon. I keep my boat at Caenarfon, so I regularly drive my car along that route and see the cyclists on it. The only problem is that I'd have to do both directions in a day, which must be about 80 miles in total.

Llandudno Wisperer

Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
You could ride the path from Caenarfon, see how far you get and then use the train to get back to Bangor. There are stations all the way along the path, as far as Rhyl. Most days you will have the wind off the Irish Sea blowing you towards Llandudno. I only used one bar of battery out of five when I did the ride from Penrhyn Bay to Aber Falls, 30 miles in total.
Have you done the Lon Eifion route from Caenarfon?

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
I'm going to have a go at that ride soon. I keep my boat at Caenarfon, so I regularly drive my car along that route and see the cyclists on it. The only problem is that I'd have to do both directions in a day, which must be about 80 miles in total.
I ride parts of this route on a regular basis from Kinmel Bay. I would tend to avoid now until end of August unless you go early morning or late evening. The problem is people with dogs wandering all over the place with those expanding dog leads and no control. It is a good easy and scenic cycle route mainly flat. The only steep climb is coming from Rhyl just after the limestone quarry jetty, on my standard bike my old knees stopped climbing this but my Bermuda sails up it.

Llandudno Wisperer

Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
Cycled today from Penrhyn Bay to St Asaph. I had done the section to Rhyl previously and also had been as far as Prestatyn. Lovely ride, with the wind blowing me on my way. Only needed to use battery at the climb after the quarry. Finished my ride at The Plough at St Asaph, where Rosemary picked me up. Loaded bike on rack and then had a lovely Sunday roast.P1020688 (1000 x 667).jpg P1020691 (1000 x 667).jpg