Hi from London/Bucks

FoxZulu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2016
London
Hi Pedelecs,
I have just taken delivery of a new Cyclotricity 500w conversion kit to fit onto my Specialized Rockhopper. I intend using it for my 5 mile each way commute mainly in the hope of getting fitter:rolleyes:. I'm ok cycling on the flat but anything that even resembles a hill leaves me coughing my lungs out at the side of the road, plus I also love motorbikes and anything with power and intend doing some off-roading for fun. I will be using a combination of road and canal towpath to work and back in all weatherso_O.
I'm off home now to start the installation, so will let you know how I get on.

Reactions: LeighPing

FoxZulu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2016
London
Will post some pics as I go through the build. First job is to spread the rear drop-outs by 15mm to accomodate my original 9 speed set. Next, is to build up the drop-outs to give more depth and meat, and fabricate some torque arms and lugs. Hopefully, I'll get all this done this weekend ready for work Monday:)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Pedelecs,
I have just taken delivery of a new Cyclotricity 500w conversion kit to fit onto my Specialized Rockhopper. I intend using it for my 5 mile each way commute mainly in the hope of getting fitter:rolleyes:. I'm ok cycling on the flat but anything that even resembles a hill leaves me coughing my lungs out at the side of the road, plus I also love motorbikes and anything with power and intend doing some off-roading for fun. I will be using a combination of road and canal towpath to work and back in all weatherso_O.
I'm off home now to start the installation, so will let you know how I get on.
i used to live in London/bucks, more or less where are you located? its going back a bit, but I found it a good area for pedelecing, not least because anything else (car, bus, train) is slow, congested and impractical. I recall it also being quite pretty for cycling, and have friends who say it's still pretty summery there.