Help! Hi,from manchester, i have a problem with my cyclamatic e bike Rear wheel

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Rubbish?... dya think im making this up..
No, but you are coming to the wrong conclusion's, if you think you know better then those who have been building/repairing rims/wheel and fitting them for a number of years then carry on in your own little way.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
The 'dish'. The spokes on the drive side of the wheel are slightly shorter than the spokes on the none drive side. This allows the hub to be off centre in the frame (to give gears clusters the room to fit) whilst the rim is centre to the frame. This is the dish of the wheel.
Tighteming each spoke a complete turn is a lot, but (for sure) you have not distorted the hub casing.

So
1 Turn the bike upside down and spin the wheel by hand. Check to see if the rim is catching on the frame. Check to see if it is catching on the brakes. Also check to see what lateral wobble there is (if any). Also check that the rim is running concentrically to the axle.
If any of these are out, let us know and you'll get talked through the remedy.

2 The motor symptom you talk about is almost certainly electrical. I know, it sounds 'orribly mechanical, but it rarely is. As vfr says, do not keep using the throttle as you will burn something.
To fault this you are going to need a digital volt meter and some photo's. One of the whole bike, of the motor, the controller and any or all the connectors you can find.

This can be a steep learning curve, but follow the advice and you can become a self repairing cyclist/e-biker with help from this site. I know - 'cos I am that man:cool:

Reactions: pentiumofborg

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Its inside the hub,so i will have to dismantle it first before i can post some photos
Even photos of the outside might show a lot (rims, connectors etc) as suggested.

D

Deleted member 33385

Photos would certainly help: Are they pin connectors? On PCs, those are terrible - as VFR said you need to make sure they fit properly, if the design is in any way similar ie terrible. On PCs for instance, they look connected, when they aren't.